DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where to launch from in Savannah, GA in Marriot Plant Riverside district.

KenG

Reactions
Arrived a few days ago. Inquired about flying Air 3 from property and received ok. I should have gotten it in writing. After a couple of days security approached me as I landed and said the Marriott was private property and drone flights were not allowed. Tried to find the concierge person who said it was ok. No success.
I moved off of property and tried to find police or anyone with knowledge of local ordinances of anywhere near the Marriott Plant Riverside district where I am staying so I can continue flying.
Anyone local who can help?

Since it is private property the police will support them in not allowing you to launch and land. However, this does not apply to public areas as the FAA has sole jurisdiction over the airspace.

Reactions: sarahb
Understood. Seems like my best bet is just to move into a public area, but since I am trying to do a saved waypoint flight to come back later after dark and reshoot, I want to make sure that I don’t get all set up and then find the area I’m in is not authorized because of some local ordinance.

For the hotel, I would not take anyone's word for if it is allowed except for security and management.

I would also take into consideration the following:

There looks to be a port facility to the northwest. Google quickly provided this:

Two buildings down to the northwest there is a electrical facility and from street view looks to have a no drone icon as part of its signage.

Visiting Savannah's city website and searching their code, I used the keywords drone, uav and uas and got no returns on anything:

Not sure how far your flights might be, but SAV Class C is not that far away to the west.

Reactions: Cafguy
I am well clear of the Savannah class C to the west and also Hunter to the south just primarily working along the river edge and then back over the downtown area of Savannah. Thank you for the results of your research. I’ll just move into a public area and go along With business as usual.

Reactions: jaja6009
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cam3n