DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where was your Mini 3 Pro Manufactured?

Mike107

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Where was your Mini 3 Pro manufactured?

Here’s why I ask…I received a new M3P through Best Buy USA in exchange for a defective one. This one was made in Malaysia-unlike my others which were made in China.

Noted…
The Malaysian model seems to have a slightly different feel to the exterior molded parts—smoother, perhaps.

The battery was stone cold dead. Not a light when button pressed, 1 light in charger. After having read half hour about batteries on this sight today, that made me a little suspicious 🥸. All the other drones were in 2-3 light zone.

The initial boot up sequence on the Malaysian sample was very different and more sensible. Instead of taking me down a cheerful DJI path and into a dead-end “check internet connection” when asking me to sign in, this one started right out with internet connection, updating, then all the fluff.

(I always wondered how an uninformed person ever knew how to “check internet connection” in the other boot sequence…)

Batteries need to be woken from hibernation before they are first used and that seems to require a good long charge.
Thanks—these were completely dead, unlike the others which woke with 2-3 lights. It’ll be interesting to get some flight performance data on them.

all batteries now come in a hibernation mode ,my original MPP now nearly 4 years old, came with about 50% charge when i unpacked it, also my original MM came with around 50% charge when it was new as well it would seem that DJI have opened up a plant in Malaysia to cope with demand

in Manual they write that shipped battery is in hibernation state, so no light is normal. It must be connected to charger to wakeup. So nothing wrong with this.
Battery will go to this hibernate state again if not used about 60 days (IIRC), so will require to connect to charger again.

RTFM :)

in Manual they write that shipped battery is in hibernation state, so no light is normal. It must be connected to charger to wakeup. So nothing wrong with this.
Battery will go to this hibernate state again if not used about 60 days (IIRC), so will require to connect to charger again.

RTFM :)
Never really got that before--Out of 7 prior batteries, this is the only one that didn't arrive with a couple lights on in the window. Thanks!

The battery was stone cold dead.
Batteries need to be woken from hibernation before they are first used and that seems to require a good long charge.

As Yorkshire Pud says...

All New DJI Batteries are stored and shipped in what is referred to as Hibernation Mode. In a manner of speaking, the batteries are "asleep." This keeps the batteries from fully discharging. Since they are Intelligent Batteries; when they are plugged in the first time, the firmware "awakens" and allows the battery to activate and the firmware starts the charging process.

If you received "new" batteries at some point that were already active, charge level lights lit when you pressed the button, I would wonder if you bought "used or reconditioned" batteries. Used batteries would still show the number of times they had been charged in your App, while reconditioned batteries have had their internal counters reset…

Now, I have never let my batteries go more than a month without a charge cycle so this process that I am about to reveal has never been tested by me, but it costs you nothing to try…

How to reset my DJI battery…

To reset it, you need to have the DJI charger on hand. Press the ON button two times and ignore any of the lights that may flicker. Do not press any other button but let the battery rest for another 5 minutes and plug in the charger but don't press any button this time around.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillesdeColombes