DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where's D-Log on Air2S

RealSting

Reactions
Am I going mad or something? I only see D-Log M on my A2s... Im sure there was a D-Log (Not D-Log M) option? Ive checked all resolutions and settings but can't find it?!

Attachments

• Air2S_Video_Settings.jpg
    Air2S_Video_Settings.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 8
Am I going mad or something? I only see D-Log M on my A2s... Im sure there was a D-Log (Not D-Log M) option? Ive checked all resolutions and settings but can't find it?!
It was changed a while back in a Fly update. I guess they removed D-Log to avoid confusion, but it did I believe have greater editing scope. D-Log M looks better on screen while flying, probably the main reason for the switch.

Now that we know that the recording is D-Log M what does this mean about using a LUT in post processing on Davinci Resolve? Before the name change from D-Log to D-Log M I used a LUT provided by DJI but I am now confused as per this information I found below:

D-Log M: D-Log M allows the camera sensor to record enough dynamic range. As the photo has been processed, it leaves less room for grading in post-production compared with D-Log, but you can more easily color grade during post-processing.

D-Log: D-Log allows the camera sensor to pull as much dynamic information from the scene, get the maximum dynamic range compared with other color modes, and give you more flexibility in your post-production as the photo is not processed. But it will devote more time to post-processing as LUTs should be used to color grade D-Log footage before post-processing. For more details, refer to D-Log D-Gamut Whitepaper.

HLG: HDR videos of the Mavic 3 Pro fall within the HLG video standard.

DJI have various LUTs scattered around their support site. Some are under software, but this search was useful, re-finding the D-Log M to Rec709 LUT I had found previously for the Air 2S.
What models support D-Log mode? What models have the official LUT files?

When I first got my Air 2S, it recorded D-Log, and I tried grading that with various LUTs designed for other models. LUTs are only a starting point. You can try them, modify to your taste, and save your own modified versions.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman