DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which dones can complete mission on signal loss

batsam

Reactions
I am thinking of buying either the mini 2 or air 2 but would consider other options if this feature isn't available for those. (would rather small drone)
and will any of the custom fw or litchi m dronelink etc do any difference

p.s Mavic 2 pro is out of budget

Short answer -
I am thinking of buying either the mini 2 or air 2 but would consider other options if this feature isn't available for those. (would rather small drone)

Short answer - any DJI drone that uses the Go4 app.

There is a differene bewtween the Drone Deploy and Drone Link , one will alllow you to finish the mission with loss of signal and the other will not. I think the Drone Deploy has that option on a mapping mission.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

i suppose the go4 doesn't support mini 2 or air 2.
but mini 1 and air 1. correct ?

wont any cfw have disable rth option on second gen mini and air ?
The Mavic Air 2 and Mini both use the Fly app and are not compatible with the Go 4 app.
Taken directly from their website.

DJI Fly​

The DJI Fly app interface was designed to be simplified and ultra-intuitive. Compatible for DJI Mavic 3 Pro, DJI Mini 2 SE, DJI Mini 3, DJI Mavic 3 Classic, DJI Avata, DJI Mini 3 Pro, DJI Mavic 3, DJI Mini SE, DJI Air 2S, DJI FPV, DJI Mini 2, Mavic Air 2, Mavic Mini.​

There is a differene bewtween the Drone Deploy and Drone Link , one will alllow you to finish the mission with loss of signal and the other will not. I think the Drone Deploy has that option on a mapping mission.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.
It can't finish the mission because the information is stored in the controller/phone/tablet and not in the drone. So if it disconnects it can't recieve the information.
The released SDK's of any drones that use the Fly app don't allow it to be stored in the drone. That's why anything from the Mini to now will be choppy using any third party app while doing waypoints etc...

Last edited:
Reactions: umanbean
This page outlines which DJI drones support on-board waypoint missions and which drones only support "virtual stick" waypoint missions:

Great post. This will help a lot of people. It also educated me on a few that use the fly app that I wasn't sure of.

Great post. This will help a lot of people. It also educated me on a few that use the fly app that I wasn't sure of.
I had a Mavic Pro and a Mavic Pro Platinum, and I don't remember flying any out of signal range waypoint missions. But I used my own app, and I did have waypoint missions.

I had a Mavic Pro and a Mavic Pro Platinum, and I don't remember flying any out of signal range waypoint missions. But I used my own app, and I did have waypoint missions.
Those drones will finish the mission if set that way if it loses connection. I sold my MA2 because of virtual sticks which creates jerkyness on the missions and upon disconnection it would just go home. I ended up getting an M2P and am very happy.

thats easy spark, mavioc pro, mavic pro 2 , if you are using litchi missions I,ve done hunderedsa of them and if the missdion gets to long or conditions get tough the drone will return on it,s own just make sure it has the alititude to do so

I know that the Phantom 4 will continue a mission with signal loss as indicated in Post #8

Reactions: Aairon

Parrot Anafi.
I have a Mini 3 Pro now and this is one of several features the M3P should have. Don't pay a lot since the way it tells you battery cells are unbalanced is by falling out of the sky.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas