DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which Drone Can Used With Remote and 2 Sets of Gobbles

Reactions
Which Mavic drone model will allow for the googles 2 to be used, along with the controller and fly a pre-determined waypoint flight path.
I want the pilot to use the controller (with screen) to fly the drone while having another person view the flight using the goggles 2. It’s important to be able to use a pre-determined (saved) waypoint flight path.

I think I know what you are asking and unfortunately there are no DJI drones that fit your criteria. You're asking about waypoints and only a couple of DJI drones have waypoints. Of those drones, the only ones that can use the goggles cannot currently combine with a remote controller meaning you can only use the motion controller. And while I am not 100% familiar with this, I don't think you can launch waypoints from the motion controller.

In any case, all drones that use the DJI googles should be able to use two goggles meaning one set of goggles is connected to the drone and in turn will "broadcast" the view to a second set of goggles....for most model combinations. At that point, it's not going to matter much who does the flying or who does the viewing; both are behind the wheel so to speak.

Which Mavic drone model will allow for the googles 2 to be used, along with the controller and fly a pre-determined waypoint flight path.
I want the pilot to use the controller (with screen) to fly the drone while having another person view the flight using the goggles 2. It’s important to be able to use a pre-determined (saved) waypoint flight path.

🦃🦃

🦃🦃

You could use a Mavic Pro Platinum or a Mavic 2 Pro with two controllers, linked as a master/slave combo. Each would have their own monitor (iPad or iPhone). The master would initiate the waypoint mission and the slave would “observe”.

You can also have the slave initiate a Litchi mission while the master observes the mission and records the flight record.

Reactions: MA2 317
You could use a Mavic Pro Platinum or a Mavic 2 Pro with two controllers, linked as a master/slave combo. Each would have their own monitor (iPad or iPhone). The master would initiate the waypoint mission and the slave would “observe”.

You can also have the slave initiate a Litchi mission while the master observes the mission and records the flight record.

Does GO4 have a master/slave feature? I'm totally ignorant about this. Could you give more detail?

Does GO4 have a master/slave feature? I'm totally ignorant about this. Could you give more detail?

Yes it does. Within the Go4 app, there is a “Link Remote Controller” function under the controller icon. You can the link a controller as either the primary (master) or secondary (slave).
When using both controllers, the monitoring iPhone/ipad will display identical screens and flight parameters. Any control inputs by the primary will override those of the secondary. Good for teaching new pilots. Also, the primary controller will record the flight record as the secondary will not.

Both controllers are independently connected to the aircraft. You do not necessarily have to be standing close to each other. And the signals don’t interfere with each other, even when the controllers are within inches.

I have two controllers for each of my MPP and M2P. I use two controllers to fly Litchi missions so I can capture the flight record in DJI format for my Visual Flight Review software.
IMG_2574.png

Last edited:
That's really cool! I still have an Air 1, and I think I have two controllers.

Haven't seen a whiff of this in reference to DJI Fly, so assuming DJI didn't implement it there.

Yes it does. Within the Go4 app, there is a “Link Remote Controller” function under the controller icon. You can the link a controller as either the primary (master) or secondary (slave).
When using both controllers, the monitoring iPhone/ipad will display identical screens and flight parameters. Any control inputs by the primary will override those of the secondary. Good for teaching new pilots. Also, the primary controller will record the flight record as the secondary will not.

Both controllers are independently connected to the aircraft. You do not necessarily have to be standing close to each other. And the signals don’t interfere with each other, even when the controllers are within inches.

I have two controllers for each of my MPP and M2P. I use two controllers to fly Litchi missions so I can capture the flight record in DJI format for my Visual Flight Review software.
View attachment 173500
would this work on the smart controller?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13