DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which memory card

jmark

Reactions
Hi, could someone point me in the right direction of a memory card? I'm thinking 32 or 64 will be fine. Maybe 32 as it's my first card purchase after buying my pro.

Is SanDisk really the only way to go? I've been reading about gimbal crashes with UHCI cards, as they're not fast enough, although I noted that a SanDisk UHCI card came with the mavic so it doesn't seem like correct information.

So, what are your tips?

I still use a couple of 16Gb cards for a full day or trip, mainly because of the added redundancy. When a card turns out to be corrupted at the end of the day, for whatever reason (happened several times) at least I don't lose everything and still have the other cards with footage.

Some swear by larger cards, saying he larger the card the faster it should be. But the standard class 10 16GB Lexar or Sandisk cards (the same that came with your Mavic) work glitch free in the mavic @ 4K.

With current prices one would choose 32GB probably. But the catch is that you keep on flying with the same card. If anything happens you could lose all footage of the day/trip.

Anyway, in terms of write speed, 16-64GB (class10) all worked fine for me.

Last edited:
I was
I still use a couple of 16Gb cards for a full day or trip, mainly because of the added redundancy. When a card turns out to be corrupted at the end of the day, for whatever reason (happened several times) at least I don't lose everything and still have the other cards with footage.

Some swear by larger cards, saying he larger the card the faster it should be. But the standard class 10 16GB Lexar or Sandisk cards (the same that came with your Mavic) work glitch free in the mavic @ 4K.

With current prices one would choose 32GB probably. But the catch is that you keep on flying with the same card. If anything happens you could lose all footage of the day/trip.

Anyway, in terms of write speed, 16-64GB (class10) all worked fine for me.

Wow! That's a great tip about smaller cards being more safe in regards to lost footage. Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada