DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which ND filter

NikkiSixx

Reactions
Which do people here support/choose. I’ve seen the polar pro is having problems screwing on correctly. Anyone else have some experience to be confident in their choice? Thank you all!

Honestly, there are so many threads about recommendations for ND filters you can find what you need just by searching the forum for "ND filters." This comes up about once a week.

Reactions: Thomas B
I have an M2P and not a Zoom.
However, I’ve never had a problem with attaching the PolarPro filters I have, NP and NP PL, to that drone, my MPP or my Spark. I change filters almost every day I fly.

I have seen the post you reference, but if contacted PolarPro will make it right very quickly in my experience on other matters.

Gotta wonder if users might have cross-threaded or something

No problems with PP filters on my M2P, and the supplied tool makes swapping them a breeze, but it would depend on which specific drone you are asking about since they're all different.

Like Thomas B, I suspect many of the problems are a combination of the fiddly size of the filters and not quite getting them aligned properly on the thread. For screw on filters, they usually have to be exactly square for the thread to "catch", and it's quite easy to miss when at an odd angle, as is common when holding a drone. Even with 30+ years of practice and the 77mm and 82mm diameter on my DSLR lenses I still miss the thread from time to time... Either way, if it's a genuine problem (crossed-threads do happen), PP has a good reputation for sorting problems out.

Reactions: Greenflash
Honestly, there are so many threads about recommendations for ND filters you can find what you need just by searching the forum for "ND filters." This comes up about once a week.
Sounds like a need for stickies then. I read through them but don’t see any comparisons or find a post that gives any one superiority. I’ll probably end up with polarpros unless someone has a better choice. Usually on forums people have a strong stance on what they feel is best and there’s not many accessories for these.

but don’t see any comparisons or find a post that gives any one superiority.
That's because you're seeking opinions, which are subjective. There is no "one superiority."

My opinion: PolarPro are great, but they're overpriced. I've been a photographer for decades and have had excellent results from Skyreat ND filters for a lot less money.

I read through them but don’t see any comparisons or find a post that gives any one superiority
None are superior. There are a handful of good brands that will give you great results. The brands listed here would be good options to consider.

I got the Tiffen set from Amazon $109. It seemed to have bang-for-buck. 6 filters. 3 Neutral Density filters (4,8,16) and 3 Neutral Density with Polarization (4,8,16).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman