DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which PC

Austromark

Reactions
Hello pilots

I'm in need of an PC upgrade and want to BUDGET build myself the goal is to be able to manage and edit mavic 2 pro 4k X265 10 bit video.
I will be using Vegas Pro with windows10.
My build looks like this so far.... I'm happy with it ,just not too sure about which GPU.?
CPU: R5 2600X
RAM:Ripjaws V 2x8 3200mhz possibly 4x8 if I can save on the GPU
MB:ASROCK b450 pro4 ATX
HD:SSD or PCIe 500gb
PSU:EVGA 600 BR
GPU:gtx 1650s or rx580 8gb end hand (or other)
Looking to keep below 800euros Inc case.
Thanks mark?

Last edited:
Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Hello pilots

I'm in need of an PC upgrade and want to BUDGET build myself the goal is to be able to manage and edit mavic 2 pro 4k X265 10 bit video.
I will be using Vegas Pro with windows10.
My build looks like this so far.... I'm happy about it ,just not too sure about which GPU.?
CPU: R5 2600X
RAM:Ripjaws V 2x8 3200mhz possibly 4x8 if I can save on the GPU
MB:ASROCK b450 pro4 ATX
HD:SSD or PCIe 500gb
GPU:gtx 1650s or rx580 8gb end hand (or other)
Thanks mark
My advice is, get as much disk space as you can afford and make it SSD. The primary storage on the PC can be moderate 500gb to 1 terabyte, then later add SSD capacity via USB's. For example, I have a primary drive of 1 tb that I try to keep clean, and I have added another 7 tb via Samsung SSD’s.

I would up the ram to 32gig, pick up an external HD 4-6TB for storage of video. I currently run the following
CPU: I7 2nd Gen
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32gig
MB: Older Gigabyte (I think B series)
HD: SSD 500gig (With 2TB external for photos & 6TB external for video storage)
PSU: EVGA Super Nova 750
GPU: Twin GTX 980 Ti's in SLI mode
Dell 24"4k Monitor

If you plan on rendering 4k you will need storage space and ram to handle the larger files.

Last edited:
I would up the ram to 32gig, pick up an external HD 4-6TB for storage of video. I currently run the following
CPU: I7 2nd Gen
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32gig
MB: Older Gigabyte (I think B series)
HD: SSD 500gig (With 2TB external for photos & 6TB external for video storage)
PSU: EVGA Super Nova 750
GPU: Twin GTX 980 Ti's in SLI mode
If you plan on rendering 4k you will need storage space and ram to handle the larger files.
I just looked into iMac 27" 5 K. The nice thing about this iMAC is you can increase the RAM yourself later on. There is an access door on the back. And it comes with 1 Tera. Add the Final Cut Pro x and BAAM!

I find the most important part of video rendering is a decent processor and the Ryzen processors are good giving you a decent core count for a low cost.

Are you planning gaming or anything else on the system? If not I'd be inclined towards the Nvidia 1650 as it has a lower power draw and runs cooler than the AMD.

Do you have any more storage in mind? 500GB SSD is good for a boot and applications drive but video can quickly eat up a lot of space so I'd add in a cheap hard drive to give you some storage capacity to go with the SSD.

Reactions: pelagic_one
I just looked into iMac 27" 5 K. The nice thing about this iMAC is you can increase the RAM yourself later on. There is an access door on the back. And it comes with 1 Tera. Add the Final Cut Pro x and BAAM!
The internal fusion drive is slow. It’s not an issue however with thunderbolt 3, a cheap external PCIe enclosure and NVMe SSD, you can get over 2.4 Gigabyes/sec transfer speed.

Don’t be conned by anyone that tells you special MAC ram is required. Any 2666 DDR4 SODIMM will work, 128GB (4 32GB sticks) supported.

The 27” iMac is a bargain when you look at what LG wants for the 5K screen only.

Needs a calibration out if the box though.

Reactions: E90RAW
Right on, they are great! For video, I’ve added another 7 tb SSD’s.

Reactions: E90RAW

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk