DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which phone works well

Which phone should I purchase for easy reliable use with a new Mini SE ? Largest screen possible for my old eyes.
Hi Davo. Welcome to the forum. I'm your age so I opted to fly from a tablet instead of a phone. I too need a screen with more real estate so I chose a Tripltek 7"
It has the brightest screen of any tablet, it's armored, and it runs all the DJI apps. Mine arrives Friday. Can't wait.

Reactions: Gagey52
. I have a galaxy Tab 3 9" and the holder for it Works great go4 app installed. For sale @ $150.

Which phone should I purchase for easy reliable use with a new Mini SE ? Largest screen possible for my old eyes.
Hi David,
My eyes are three years older than yours. I started flying using an I phone 6, worked ok, but wanted larger screen. Went with iPad mini 4, worked good for over a year, then the speed of the processor couldn’t keep up with the DJI fly app after a few DJI updates. At this time I needed a new phone so I went with Apple 13 pro max which I also use for my drone, has a 6.7 inch screen, which is a tad smaller than iPad mini 4, however after flying two batteries so far, I think it’s going to be fine screen size wise. It has a strong processor and keeps up with the machine, I don’t get those nagging CPU warnings.
Good luck on your choice.
B52-D
Blue Skys and Happy Contrails

Hi David,
My eyes are three years older than yours. I started flying using an I phone 6, worked ok, but wanted larger screen. Went with iPad mini 4, worked good for over a year, then the speed of the processor couldn’t keep up with the DJI fly app after a few DJI updates. At this time I needed a new phone so I went with Apple 13 pro max which I also use for my drone, has a 6.7 inch screen, which is a tad smaller than iPad mini 4, however after flying two batteries so far, I think it’s going to be fine screen size wise. It has a strong processor and keeps up with the machine, I don’t get those nagging CPU warnings.
Good luck on your choice.
B52-D
Blue Skys and Happy Contrails
Plus the Pro Max has a 1000 nits max brightness(typical);1200 nits max brightness(HDR) Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating.

Reactions: B52-D
I have an iPhone 12 but did not want to use that for my new Mini SE. I fire up my old iPhone 6 and it seems to work well. There are only two problems with the old phone. 1) the Battery life sucks - I have to charge it whenever I charge the drone battery and 2) it is a bit on the small side. (Well, it's a lot on the small side. LOL)

I have an older 7" Amazon Fire. I'll soon be experimenting with that.

Welcome to the forum from the Northern Territory. A good size screen is an imperative to really enjoy the drone experience, especially for us old guys. Can’t advise you on what to buy except to tell you that I use a tripltek on all my drones.
Regards

Reactions: BillS
I have an iPhone 12 but did not want to use that for my new Mini SE. I fire up my old iPhone 6 and it seems to work well. There are only two problems with the old phone. 1) the Battery life sucks - I have to charge it whenever I charge the drone battery and 2) it is a bit on the small side. (Well, it's a lot on the small side. LOL)

I have an older 7" Amazon Fire. I'll soon be experimenting with that.
And welcome to the forum from the land of Oz BillS
Regards

Reactions: BillS
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98