DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which setting?

mavic6611

Reactions
Hi guys should this be set to duel, 5G, or 2.4G for best signal for range?

1518118013803.png

2.4g has a taller wavelength, so it deals better with obstacles, such as trees (think forest). But, if you are flying in a wifi congested area, 2.4g signals are more prevalent on home wifi routers. Hopefully someone can post here with some real-world information to help clear this up...

Reactions: mavic6611
2.4g has a taller wavelength, so it deals better with obstacles, such as trees (think forest). But, if you are flying in a wifi congested area, 2.4g signals are more prevalent on home wifi routers. Hopefully someone can post here with some real-world information to help clear this up...

“Real world” it’s pretty cut and dry, 2.4 provides a slower data rate, but can penetrate walls and obstacles...It is much better for further distances. 5.0 is much faster, but can’t penetrate or go as far as 2.4. But like you said, 2.4 is a more common signal and therefore could experience more dropouts. So, really I guess the best of both worlds in a congested area would be 5, with a signal booster.

“Real world” it’s pretty cut and dry, 2.4 provides a slower data rate, but can penetrate walls and obstacles...It is much better for further distances. 5.0 is much faster, but can’t penetrate or go as far as 2.4. But like you said, 2.4 is a more common signal and therefore could experience more dropouts. So, really I guess the best of both worlds in a congested area would be 5, with a signal booster.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm wondering what the benefits of the "Duel" option would be then?

Thanks for the heads up,
My current set up is Fcc mode, using the modded app. Plus I'm using high gain antennas and occasionally using the Atlas powered antenna too.
I'm in an area with alot of wifi, not many tree, but there are trees around my usual take off point.

What frequency would you suggest given these circumstances?
I'm not too sure what the duel option does either?
Also what is the difference between the top part which says available channels and the bottom that says channel mode?
Sorry for all the questions but as we're on topic it's best I ask now to get things clear in my head.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ