DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which tablet

britdub

Reactions
Hi my 7inch tablet I used for my spark (unbranded Amazon tablet) does not work with my MA2 and to be honest I didn't expect it to it's very old, so I'm looking for a 7inch replacement android tablet not something that is going to break the bank though, as I understand it has to be 64 bit but not 100% sure but they don't seem to advertise as 64bit so what do I need to look for ? Processor ? Ram ?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Hi my 7inch tablet I used for my spark (unbranded Amazon tablet) does not work with my MA2 and to be honest I didn't expect it to it's very old, so I'm looking for a 7inch replacement android tablet not something that is going to break the bank though, as I understand it has to be 64 bit but not 100% sure but they don't seem to advertise as 64bit so what do I need to look for ? Processor ? Ram ?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
I'd say at least ipad mini 4 but if android one, it should have 3GB of RAM and 64bit architecture

Reactions: britdub
I am considering this one, but not sure if the lack of gps is going to be a deal breaker.

I am considering this one, but not sure if the lack of gps is going to be a deal breaker.

Will 2GB be enough or is there an option to increase the ram ?

No me neither, I've looked at this one but not sure if it's up to doing the job, I only need it for the MA2 nothing else

That's another issue. There is another member here that uses this tablet and likes it. I really like the price. Mine will only be used for the MA2 and I won't buy an apple device. Ever.
well, to be honest I'm not fancy to crash my drone just because of app on the tablet crashed... so bought ipad mini5 :) as far as I remember, android version of DJI app wasnt the best so better safe than sorry

well, to be honest I'm not fancy to crash my drone just because of app on the tablet crashed... so bought ipad mini5 :) as far as I remember, android version of DJI app wasnt the best so better safe than sorry

I am the opposite & in the minority, flew on Android no problems but all the advice says iPad is the way to go, got an Air 2 resulting in a blank screen while in the middle of a flight, gave it to my son.
No way would I want to keep it, hated the OS and will never buy Apple again.
I now have a Smart Controller and guess what it runs - Android ;)

Last edited:
I am the opposite & in the minority, flew on Android no problems but all the advice says iPad is the way to go, got an Air 2 resulting in a blank screen while in the middle of a flight, gave it to my son.
No way would I want to keep it, hated the OS and will never buy Apple again.
I now have a Smart Controller and guess what it runs what Android ;)
Let me start by saying I'm not an Apple fan boy at all, Android through and through. I used Apple for two things, a flying screen (iPad Mini 5) and video editing (11" iPad Pro).

The iPad Air 2 is basically the same thing as the iPad Mini 4 but in a bigger body. You're talking about a 6 year old tablet that was released in 2014, of course you had issues with it. iPads are the way to go, just not ancient ones.

Comparing the iPad Air 2 to Android is like expecting a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to work.

Last edited:
Reactions: crosswired
I’m not an Apple fan boy, have always used an android phone. I was recently in the market for a tablet for flying and to use at home and ended up with a iPad Pro 11. iOS took some time to learn but I absolutely love it.

I believe the iPad mini 4 works but you will get a cpu load warning, so this probably means that the cpu is JUST adequate enough. If you can splurge more, the iPad mini 5 is definitely the way to go. It seems DJI has favored working with iOS than Android. Also keep in mind, Apple supports their devices WAYYY longer than any of the android tablets you’ll find.

I believe the iPad mini 4 works but you will get a cpu load warning, so this probably means that the cpu is JUST adequate enough. If you can splurge more, the iPad mini 5 is definitely the way to go. It seems DJI has favored working with iOS than Android. Also keep in mind, Apple supports their devices WAYYY longer than any of the android tablets you’ll find.
absolutely agree, app for ios is far better optimised due to very few apple chips used while android runs on 'hundreds' :) ... still using Samsung mobile which is far superior than apple iphones :D

I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (around $140.00) recommended by another member and it works great.
That's interesting I'll give those a look, does it fit the controller or did you get an adaptor ? I can only find a 2gb ram version other people are struggling with 3gb how do you find it in n video streaming ?

Last edited:
It will need an adaptor. Another member sent me a video of how to make an adaptor out of a product called (Hangables https://www.amazon.com/VELCRO-Brand...d=1591805611&sprefix=hangables,aps,173&sr=8-3) which you can find at Home Depot in the velcro section. You attach the included sticky backed velcro to the hooks, then put them together in an S shape and it will fit in the DJI radio the holder and also the top of your tablet. Cost is $5.00, keeps the tablet securely and works as well as anything I've seen sold. Cheap at twice the cost. Hope this is helpful.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aeronkat