DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who flies beyond line of sight?

Actually no . . that flashing strobe is limited to a few hundred meters especially when going away from you it is lost as soon as the Mavic tilts forward to go . . and then after about 1500-200ft it is hard to see compared to the super bright Spotlight. If I'm ever unsure of where it it I just point back to me and flash myself. . . check my test again VLOS with Mavic 2 E

Arc II strobes are brighter than most strobes - I can see them in daylight over half to 3/4 KM (as far as I would ever go) and they dont disappear when flying away if placed on the drone properly - (I keep 3 on top facing out and one on bottom and two extra nav strobes on the sides and can see them in any tilt or direction) But the real test is having to see and know orientation of the drone - you cant rely on just instruments to know it, you have to be able to directly see it (as discussed in another thread).

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07
That was amazing you got some balls I'll say that. great video . I'd be afraid of loosing signal and RTH going into the trees .
Great video - yea, I would have peed my pants half way through worrying about the tree branches, rocks ,etc. Well done!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada