DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who has flown their maiden flight

not quite my true maiden flight, that was in my garden, this was later the next day but is a little but nicer to look at

shame how youtube and compression kills the 4k footage you see on the SD card but still looks ok for something all shot on auto with no colour correction (cos I don't know how yet !)

Shot my first 'serious' clip in DLOG at 800ISO, 2.8/50th. It's a little bit grubby, but acceptable perhaps after some work in grading. It was getting pretty dark, by the time I'd finished I was getting low light warnings. I think I didn't help myself by under exposing by about a stop, so I had to dump a lot of exposure in post to make it look like I saw it. Never a good idea, but I was erring on the ETTR rule. That, and shooting in DLOG not a good combo in the late dusk.

When I output from FCP X it trapped me in NTSC. Not sure if this is a FCP issue or I've not set the M2P to PAL (Cannot for the life of me find that switch in the app. But it is late!)

**Update**
Tried again today in better light (actually almost too much, so need those NDs to ship) and it's pin, with no apparent aliasing, no eighth frame issues and looking good in both FOV and HQ. My pilot skills need a LOT of work though. No idea how I managed to get even this minute's worth of ok clips!

(and this is how Youtube can ruin it!)

Last edited:
Mine arrived yesterday. After charging and doing the requisite firmware updates all I had time for was to hover in my backyard and take some beauty shots.

P9040005.JPG

Not counting my garden practices and trying to avoid the several large trees in our garden, I finally found a good open space in the Wiltshire countryside to practice my flying skills. My daughter goes horse riding and the school has kindly allowed me to practice in the very large fields on their property (as long as I don't fly anywhere near the horses). Pic of some Wilshire fields below.

Wilts(s).jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23