DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who here has been to Havana/Cuba with their Mavic?

Vigylance

Reactions
Aside from the idiot that landed himself in jail for flying over the military headquarters, I've heard quite a few people have been completely fine with YouTube videos to prove it. So, who has been through? Anybody actually have their drone taken?

Aside from the idiot that landed himself in jail for flying over the military headquarters, I've heard quite a few people have been completely fine with YouTube videos to prove it. So, who has been through? Anybody actually have their drone taken?

Hot tip: Do not bring your drone to Cuba

According to what I have read, many south and Central American countries are not friendly to drones. They confiscate them in Customs and charge you exorbitant storage fees for the duration of your stay.

Read up on drone laws before you take them into foreign land.

Reactions: The Raven
going there in five days....not chancing it. Despite my curiosity for local cultures, a Cuban jail cell is not where i am looking to expand my horizons.........

The advice on that site might not be absolutely current but I wouldn't take a chance. Having travelled there I can tell you it is a very poor country and the temptation for customs people to err on the side of bad judgement is a potential issue.

Hmm seems like less people have risked it than I thought. Might have to hold off myself then.

Update, went to the square where the idiot flew. There's signs everywhere now that specifically show the Phantom he was flying saying NO DRONES. Pictures soon when I get back.

Hi!
I’m going to Cuba in a few months and I’m already traveling with my MPP so... no chance to leave it home :)
I just stimble upon into this site Letter Of Authorization | Drone Permit - Recreational | UAV Systems International
Does anyone knows about the possibility to buy a permission to bring it there without being scammed?
Thank you
Mich

When I was there they didn't seem to strict about it, mainly looking for larger drones. I'd say pull the propellers and batteries and stash them separately and see how it goes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000