DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who in Canada....

Ordered Oct 4 from DJI, delivered by DHL to Victoria BC Nov 29, first flight Nov 30. Quite the zippy sports car after my comfy SUV Yuneec Q500. Now to get some decent weather.

Little video I made comparing image quality, Mavic not as clear, balanced, exposure etc as Q500 but still very good, narrow field of view 78 degrees vs 115 for Q500. Not the big IMAX feel but it is what it is. Beats my GoPro hero4 black.

The Q500 is a tank, lovely and stable for AP but a pig to transport. Its quiet compared to the Phantoms, especially when running carbon fibre props, but I'm impressed by how quiet the Mavic is. Not the nerve buzzing whine of the P3.

If you haven't seen this elsewhere here is the comparison, its short so not much time wasted in yakking like so many other mavic vids.

Reactions: Cookedinlh
Ordered Oct 4 from DJI, delivered by DHL to Victoria BC Nov 29, first flight Nov 30. Quite the zippy sports car after my comfy SUV Yuneec Q500. Now to get some decent weather.

Little video I made comparing image quality, Mavic not as clear, balanced, exposure etc as Q500 but still very good, narrow field of view 78 degrees vs 115 for Q500. Not the big IMAX feel but it is what it is. Beats my GoPro hero4 black.

The Q500 is a tank, lovely and stable for AP but a pig to transport. Its quiet compared to the Phantoms, especially when running carbon fibre props, but I'm impressed by how quiet the Mavic is. Not the nerve buzzing whine of the P3.

If you haven't seen this elsewhere here is the comparison, its short so not much time wasted in yakking like so many other mavic vids.

Hi from Victoria as well.. you'll see me around Cadboro Bay hopefully soon when mine arrives.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I placed two Mavic orders, and it looks like they're both going to come in by the end of next week (Victoria, BC). Anyone interested in one for $100 over retail price plus shipping (or local pickup). If not I'll see if I can cancel one before it arrives. Shipping in Canada only. I don't think it would be such a good deal if I shipped to the US anyway because of duty charges.

Last edited:
Mine arrived from DrDrone Halifax 28 Nov . . . just in time to take it to the International UAV Convention in Toronto this week 6-7 Dec. . . got a bit of video of the INDOOR DRONE RACING here from it . . just uploaded to my home page . . part way down
in sky photovideo

I've got mine. Got it Nov 24th at an Apple store. Didn't order it. Just went in and asked. Then just yesterday I picked up two extra batteries at a camera shop in town. Same thing. Didn't order, just called. :)

Reactions: Cookedinlh
Got mine from Amazon yesterday. They were originally giving a shipping date of Dec 15. I ordered about two weeks ago. Not Bad!
I ordered mine from amazon as well and got it earlier then expected!

and FYI dude if you order before this date, make sure you go on the chat and have them adjust the price ($34 of a refund should be issued) according to their pre-order price guarantee guidelines.

Enjoy flying!

Ive had a combo on pre order from mid November but on a fluke picked one at an Apple Store walk in, that had had one in stock. Haven't opened it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I walked into the new Dr. Drone (DJI) store in Halifax yesterday and walked out with a Fly More Package. Anyone else in the Halifax area?

thats awesome! do they still have anymore there?
From what I understand they got 30 in on Monday. I'm assuming I got the first one from that shipment because they had to go find the boxes that the stuff was in.

Was in Staples today and noticed they sell DJI. My heart rate went up when I saw they had the tickets that you bring to the till so they can get the product. Grabbed the basic one and went to the till, new it was too good to be true. Out of stock in store, so the sale manager calls (I believe) sourcing department and says it can be shipped first week of Jan. Not too bad, I'm not optimistic that it actually will so I won't cancel my Apple order yet, but ordered the basic Mavic, 2 extra batteries and couple extra sets of propellers.

For whoever is still needing one in Canada you may want to make a trip to the Staples and see what they say.

Reactions: Retics
Was in Staples today and noticed they sell DJI. My heart rate went up when I saw they had the tickets that you bring to the till so they can get the product. Grabbed the basic one and went to the till, new it was too good to be true. Out of stock in store, so the sale manager calls (I believe) sourcing department and says it can be shipped first week of Jan. Not too bad, I'm not optimistic that it actually will so I won't cancel my Apple order yet, but ordered the basic Mavic, 2 extra batteries and couple extra sets of propellers.

For whoever is still needing one in Canada you may want to make a trip to the Staples and see what they say.
**** you should of kept an eye on djimavic reddit, amazon had about 10 in stock yesterday. was gone in about 4 hours

Scored the 'Combo' at Staples yesterday. Lucked out - been looking for weeks and found ONE in stock in Calgary. Turns out it was even the closest store in town. :) No pre-order and STILL got my Mavic in time for my Hawaii trip. :)

I ordered mine last week from Canadian Drone Supply in Lethbridge, Alberta, and it looks like it will be arriving at the post office here in Jasper today! It's only -25c here today, so I should have a few days to study up on the manual and make sure everything is updated and calibrated.

I ordered mine from DJI fly more on Jan 6. Just received an email with tracking info. Scheduled for Jan 20th by end of day. Woot! Woot!

I ordered mine last week from Canadian Drone Supply in Lethbridge, Alberta, and it looks like it will be arriving at the post office here in Jasper today! It's only -25c here today, so I should have a few days to study up on the manual and make sure everything is updated and calibrated.

Apparently, Dji has stopped shipping to all other suppliers and will only ship directly from their website until they get enough stockpiled to do both.

I guess I should have ordered direct from DJI then. I ordered from Droneology in Edmonton on the 9th of October, and am still waiting. I will know better next time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7