• highly mad

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • so mad,im looking to buy elsewhere

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

wytnyt

Reactions
who is pizzed at popups?
of all the issues ive ever had with my mavics,it has to be the never ending popups
u?

Reactions: Lake_Flyer
Maybe he’s referring to the pop up error or warnings you see
is all I can guess in the app.

Reactions: Slim.slamma
I’m with you. They drive me nuts especially when flying with the iPhone. The left side of the screen fills with so many unnecessary warnings, they become nothing but a nuisance.

Reactions: dewster
No idea what you’re on about
really?
when you start your mavic you get loads of popups on nfz where you have click the ok box multiple times to get it checked,then go in setting to authorize the right airport,this is just to name one
thats precious battery life wasted

I’m with you. They drive me nuts especially when flying with the iPhone. The left side of the screen fills with so many unnecessary warnings, they become nothing but a nuisance.
glad u get itThumbswayup

And restricted area warnings and high wind warnings, etc. I check weather TAFs, NOTAMs, and sectional charts as part of my preflight checklist. I don’t need a pop up every time the wind pushes over 8kts.
DJI is worse than my exwife about nagging me every minute.

Reactions: wytnyt
really?
when you start your mavic you get loads of popups on nfz where you have click the ok box multiple times to get it checked,then go in setting to authorize the right airport,this is just to name one
thats precious battery life wasted
Not where I fly in the UK

While I got Litchi for other reasons - I do appreciate its rather quiet interface during flights.

Ok. now i understand your frustration. I only get a wind warning now and again. Like one previous poster said - maybe it is where you fly ?
before i get in the air i literally get 25-30 popups,im 2.5 miles from a major airport but dji says its unpaved
what gets me most ill burn @ 5 minutes of battery before takeoff and im sure dji doesnt take this into consideration when they advertise 27 minutes.

before i get in the air i literally get 25-30 popups,im 2.5 miles from a major airport but dji says its unpaved
what gets me most ill burn @ 5 minutes of battery before takeoff and im sure dji doesnt take this into consideration when they advertise 27 minutes.
I guess the answer is ‘don’t fly in a NFZ’

Reactions: Thwyllo
Wow, that is a real bummer. That will also drive me nuts. Hope you can get it sorted, or maybe find a different spot to fly.

Nor me in France....not sure what the fuss is about here? Sounds to me like they are legitimate warnings and allowing them to be switched off just means all the muppets can turn them off too. Bad idea.

People that haven’t gone to the trouble to learn to fly legally and responsibly, are not likely to read a bunch of pop-ups.

There should at least be an option for pro users to turn off all the warnings.

This is DJI trying to avoid any liability.

I guess the answer is ‘don’t fly in a NFZ’

NFZs for hobbiest are often perfectly legal for licensed remote pilots, especially those with airspace approvals and waivers.
It’s up to the PIC to make those determinations before flying and in the US, the FAA will hold that PIlot in Command fully responsible.

DJI is not the authority. They just sell the tool. They should allow these warnings to be switched off, at least for those that can document their certification.

People that haven’t gone to the trouble to learn to fly legally and responsibly, are not likely to read a bunch of pop-ups.

There should at least be an option for pro users to turn off all the warnings.

This is DJI trying to avoid any liability.

I think it's the exact opposite. DJI is only going to preserve its sales channels in a lot of geographies by appearing to act responsibly. We might see it as nannying but go tell the FAA you think users should be allowed to turn off NFZ zones and other warnings...you'd be out the door on the end of someone's boot and rightly so.

AFAIK, the FAA hasn’t set a standard for drone manufacturers in terms of warnings, or worse, geofencing some areas.
I agree that DJI is trying to create an impression of being an industry leader for safety, but this is way overblown.

Private pilots flying their Cessnas have less (no) warnings or requirements from the plane manufacturers before takeoff.

I can think of many arguably, more dangerous activities we participate in where the manufacturers rely on nothing more than small type in an instruction manual to offer warnings.

Imagine if your car wouldn’t start until the traffic lightened up.

My car does offer warnings about the status of its systems. I think DJI should stick to being the manufacturers of a superior product and leave regulation to the regulators.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000