DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who uses MP2 Enterprise Dual for inspections

ballerhe75

Reactions
Thinking about getting a MP2 ED for thermal inspections.

If you use, or plan to use, the MP2 ED for inspections, what specific types of inspection do you do?

Also, I have the opportunity to conduct tower audits (inspections). Any benefit of the Enterprise Dual over that of the MP or MP2 (of which I have both) for such things?

What kind of tower inspections? Radio towers? That's what I do, but I do it for the State of CA so we're not in competition.

I can tell you that I've flown a Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum in front of a lot of antennas, including VHF, UHF, large microwave and cell antennas, about ten feet in front of them and never had any problems other one case of very minor video interference while in front of a microwave dish. Those are extremely low power, so I think it was a frequency issue, not receiver overload.

Several times I've wished I had a zoom lens though to read antenna labels and look closer at damage. I think customers would appreciate seeing problems up-close. One trip with a drone to see what the problem is can save a day's worth of time for two tower guys to climb up just to see what parts are needed for the next trip.

Good luck and glad you've found something unique to do with your drone that not every other drone owner is doing.

Reactions: swarf and DavidNDC
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twin01