DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Whoops!!! Mavic Pro Crashed.

cav01c14

Reactions
Crashed into a tree today screwing around. Broke the gimbal and destroyed all the props. Guess it’s time to upgrade to the master air screw. It looks like it’s just the mount for the gimbal and everything else seems to work. My fault completely just screwing around and not paying attention. Anyone got a link for the part I need?

Sorry you crashed. Hope your repair goes well. Post some repair process pics for those of us not there yet :)

It's SO refreshing Not hearing that it was the drones fault.

Dang! In my short time owning my first drone (M2P) one needs to be constantly alert when flying.
Sorry you crashed. Hope your repair goes well. Post some repair process pics for those of us not there yet :)

It's SO refreshing Not hearing that it was the drones fault.

Yes I was running a route I always run down the alley at 5-10 ft then full punch out before the street and over 40ft tree. I think the issue might have been me not being in sport mode. It’s my fault. I have the parts ordered and hopefully that’s all it is and I’ll be back flying in no time. I’ll get pics up later tonight.

Reactions: E90RAW
So here’s the pics I took today. Pretty much just a scuff and then this black piece that the gimbal attaches to.

Plan of attack is new master air screw props ordered from here.

Also the replacement gimbal Mount I ordered from here.

Ive looked at a few videos on YouTube and it seems pretty straight forward on how to fix.

Attachments

• ACA80BCE-658A-47C8-A904-08A6E09D3FDB.jpeg
    ACA80BCE-658A-47C8-A904-08A6E09D3FDB.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 52
  • 0AD74AB1-0BCA-4314-AC4F-4D403A0A6FE4.jpeg
    0AD74AB1-0BCA-4314-AC4F-4D403A0A6FE4.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 56
  • A32E6A4A-C7EC-407C-A1F4-5E52CE3429DD.jpeg
    A32E6A4A-C7EC-407C-A1F4-5E52CE3429DD.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 53
Reactions: E90RAW and GregE
Hoping there is no internal damage. Several have reported problems with the ribbon harness after an impact

Hoping there is no internal damage. Several have reported problems with the ribbon harness after an impact

So far the ribbon looks fine and when I turn the drone on it moves the gimbal like normal and the camera seems to work. So fingers crossed. Once I get it apart if I need to order the ribbon it looks like it is available from the same vendor.

Dang! In my short time owning my first drone (M2P) one needs to be constantly alert when flying.
So here’s the pics I took today. Pretty much just a scuff and then this black piece that the gimbal attaches to.

Plan of attack is new master air screw props ordered from here.

Also the replacement gimbal Mount I ordered from here.

Ive looked at a few videos on YouTube and it seems pretty straight forward on how to fix.
AH YES, THE SCARS OF BATTLE!! I feel your pain, lost my M2Z under same circumstances. Luckily had DJI care refresh.

The props showed up today. Great fit and finish. Took the drone for a quick flight to check over everything else. Used the gimbal clamp to hold the camera which I’m sure isn’t advised. The only error I got on the flight was gimbal overload which was known because I never removed the clamp. I’ll tear into this and replace that part Monday when I get a chance and post more pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 26
Well today I had time to sit down while the wife got the kids in the bath and to bed.

Bought a phone repair kit from Walmart for 10$ the only other tool I needed was an Allen wrench for the body screws.

Pretty easy process. Honestly YouTube is your best friend on something like this as there are loads of videos to look through.

Remove the top 6 screws. Flip over remove the cover screws and then 4 more screws. These were all Allen heads.

Slowly pry apart the top cover I left it attached to the rear wire and just set it off to the side.

Remove a couple more screws and connectors and then the gimbal drops out.

I managed to install the new mount upside down the first time and had to redo it. All in all it took me about an hour from start to finish.

Took it outside but with 25 mph winds and 30+ gusts I just hovered it in the alley and did a few function tests. Everything seems to work so I am back to the sky’s when the wind dies down.

Attachments

• BD127B4A-35CB-4F21-ACE0-F5AA1ED43703.jpeg
    BD127B4A-35CB-4F21-ACE0-F5AA1ED43703.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 29
  • F96681E3-E335-4205-8F51-21823024DA1E.jpeg
    F96681E3-E335-4205-8F51-21823024DA1E.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 29
  • 97C92BAE-5463-490B-8C8D-A87722AE813B.jpeg
    97C92BAE-5463-490B-8C8D-A87722AE813B.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 32
  • 7461D9DE-F0C9-45F9-8AF4-7F94614CA817.jpeg
    7461D9DE-F0C9-45F9-8AF4-7F94614CA817.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 32
  • 1DCEE058-CB96-4375-B26A-467B1747EEA7.jpeg
    1DCEE058-CB96-4375-B26A-467B1747EEA7.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
Well today I had time to sit down while the wife got the kids in the bath and to bed.

Bought a phone repair kit from Walmart for 10$ the only other tool I needed was an Allen wrench for the body screws.

Pretty easy process. Honestly YouTube is your best friend on something like this as there are loads of videos to look through.

Remove the top 6 screws. Flip over remove the cover screws and then 4 more screws. These were all Allen heads.

Slowly pry apart the top cover I left it attached to the rear wire and just set it off to the side.

Remove a couple more screws and connectors and then the gimbal drops out.

I managed to install the new mount upside down the first time and had to redo it. All in all it took me about an hour from start to finish.

Took it outside but with 25 mph winds and 30+ gusts I just hovered it in the alley and did a few function tests. Everything seems to work so I am back to the sky’s when the wind dies down.
Good job. Nice work!

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I'll look for the phone kit- after the crises. Walmart never was a healthy place.

Thanks for sharing~!
I crashed my mavic pro today as well; also my fault. was screwing around and it randomly did a backflip in the air 100ft up, then falls into the woods, a bunch of branches broke its fall. But the gimbal fell off the body.

Im thinking of buying the vibration plate, ribbon, and the data cable off of aliexpress to try to repair this myself. But not sure how shipping is given the current crisis.

Is there anything else I need to purchase for this repair? I have attached some pictures

Attachments

• mavic1.jpg
    mavic1.jpg
    681.7 KB · Views: 25
  • mac2.jpg
    mac2.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 25
Looks like you just need the tools to take it apart. Go slow take you time and you should be back up and running in no time.

Looks like you just need the tools to take it apart. Go slow take you time and you should be back up and running in no time.
I hope so, its such a fun drone. Ordered parts from Aliexpress and waiting for the toolkit to arrive this week from Amazon so I can open it up.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke