DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why’s is my mavic pro 2 doing this

Chook

Reactions
So I was flying around with my mp2 about a month ago and I was low to the ground as I was mustering sheep. Everything was going smoothly until I went sideways into a tree. The drone did not crash (hit the ground) but when I went forward it flew a bit to the left or right I can’t remember which way the camera also started to look left after i turned it on I tried calibrating every thing on the drone but nothing worked so I just sent it back to Harvey Norman which is where I got it they sent it away but they just told me that the controls need to be trimmed. Can someone please tell me if this is the case and if so how to trim the controls
Thank you

Reactions: knewton
RTFM
Re calibrate
did you get DJI warranty?

HN normally pretty good on exchange :)

I got some sort of warranty when I bought it and I recalibrated everything

If no recalibration fixed it and the props weren't damaged it's possible the IMU got damaged. So yes, needs repair.

Reactions: Thomas B
Yea that’s what I thought but I sent it to get fixed and they said there’s nothing wrong with it they just said adjust the trim

Yea that’s what I thought but I sent it to get fixed and they said there’s nothing wrong with it they just said adjust the trim
Why didn’t they adjust the trim if it’s so simple? Was that at the place you bought it?
Recommend you contact DJI.

Why didn’t they adjust the trim if it’s so simple? Was that at the place you bought it?
Recommend you contact DJI.
Yes it was the place I bought and I agree I paid for warrenty and they didn’t do anything ?

I asked when I was there but convienently the technician wasn’t there ?‍♂️But I’m going to ring them tomorrow and ask about how to do it and if they don’t know I’m going to ask for a new drone

What do they mean by adjusting trim?
From an aviation perspective, a mavic has no trim method.

Reactions: Paul2660
As I suggested.... Maybe take it back, play dumb, and ask them to do it... if they can’t then ask for a new drone

They don’t know anything about it but they just sent it away to get looked at

I would follow the suggestion made in another post - return it to DJI.
Consumer law is pretty much the same in this country as it is in Aus', so I would be going back to HN and insist your M2P be sent to a DJI accredited agent for a full professional evaluation and/or repair. HN is little more than a "big box" retailer whose technical expertise in UAV avionics (and that's what it is) is highly unlikely to be their strong suit.
If HN won't send the M2P to DJI or an agent, then very politely insist upon an escalation of your problem. I'm sure your State or Federal consumer advisory organisation will be only to happy to offer you good information on which consumer law/rights you have on your side.

Happy and safe flying. ;)

Chook, go back to HN and tell them you are not happy, request a new product and advise them that you are going to contact the ACCC 1300 302 502 then make sure you do ring ACCC, ACCC will advise you to put your concerns in writing to the store telling HN what it is that you require, and make sure you register the letter to HN.

Perhaps RC calibration? Or did you do that already? I know you said you did calibrations, but RC stick calibration can be overlooked.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+