DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

why all the anger to registering your drone

Personally speaking I’m not in principle against registration, what I’m against is the way drones have been demonised in the UK. 12 months on from the alleged drone incursion at Gatwick Airport and still no evidence has been forthcoming, all those Police, military, security staff, airport staff, grounded passengers, media and not a single photo or video, don’t forget the airports counter measures didn’t work either. Further to this I suggest anybody watch the Government select committee televised debate, it was an absolute joke, the only person that had anything to say with any merit was the DJI representative. During this debate a representative of the CAA classed all drone pilots as either, Careless, Clueless or Criminal! Many countries charge a small fee for a number of years registration, what do I get for my £9 per year? Nothing, unfortunately the airspace we use for our hobby is of real value once commercial drone deliveries get the go ahead in the coming years and the government and CAA want us out of that space. PS that wasn’t a rant at you old man mavic ?

Pilot's have known for years that 'C.A.A.' means 'Cancel All Aviation' - all they are doing are using 'toy' UAV's as an excuse for a regulatory blueprint for the day when companies try and use 'personal transport' UAV's in the UK.

'Take off from your back garden and land on the roof of your office in the City....' Ho ho ho..

Reactions: TDZHDTV
i find it a tad strange, that so many people here in the UK, and in other parts of the world get so worked up about drone registration,and paying a charge for it
if i want to do anything recreational in this day and age there is a cost of some sort if i go fishing i need a licence or permit, if i want to drive a vehicle i need a licence,i even have to pay to park my car if i want to fly in my local council park
everything we do today has a cost, to achieve the end result, its the way of the world ,we are taxed by the back door in so many ways and it isnt going to change any time soon
Your not an American...we are used to a little more freedom than UK.

Reactions: Drgnfli
GUNs: In the State of Colorado I don’t have to have a license to buy a gun!!! The dealer is required a license to sell!!! If I sell to a non-immediate family member, then yes a background check is required for citizen to citizen. Which means a direct to direct family member no check is required!

View attachment 88974
I guess that’s a whole different problem / subject matter

You are now commenting on commercial flying which is a completly different animal.
Sorry - but you have completely missed my point! My comment was how we as RECREATIONAL operators, need to fit into a much wider picture including all aspects of Aviation. If you think that commercial Aviation has nothing to do with how recreational UAV flying is going to be influenced or regulated - you are in for a surprise!

I really don’t see what the issue is with registration, it only costs £9 and you get a refresher on the drone code. If you have to question some of the rules (see above) then you should stop flying until you can fly safely, legal and do not cause a nuisance to others.

This is the real issue, not everyone likes your expensive drone and your amazing flying skills.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman