DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

why are gimbal guards transparent?

I wondered that too. I think it is clear because thats what they have, or they want the drone sitting in a display case to like like it does when in use. so to hide it cosmetically. (doesnt really work, its clear, not invisible)

i would think an opaque plastic would be cheaper than transparent.

well, when i get my Mavic 2 pro, it's getting covered in safety tape.
i may even put a flag on it. :D

Why are gimbal guards transparent? It's obviously bad to keep a gimbal guard on when powering up, or flying. why would DJI make them transparent? they should be striped black, and safety yellow in my opinion.

It depends which gimbal guard (lock) you are referring to. The Spark has none, the Air has a tinted gimbal lock and no gimbal bubble, the MP has an opaque gimbal lock and a clear gimbal bubble. The M2 series has a tinted lock.

In my personal experience, when I was first starting out with a Phantom, I could have had a neon sign on my gimbal lock and still forgotten to take it off. The Mavic Pros lock is easy to forget to take off because it's at the bottom, under the bubble. Some people attach a pennant or other reminder to remove it before flight. Flying with the MP gimbal bubble on wont hurt the gimbal, but flying with the lock on will.

DJI does give you a warning in DJI Go to remove your gimbal clamp if it detects gimbal movement is restricted.

It depends which gimbal guard (lock) you are referring to. The Spark has none, the Air has a tinted gimbal lock and no gimbal bubble, the MP has an opaque gimbal lock and a clear gimbal bubble. The M2 series has a tinted lock.

In my personal experience, when I was first starting out with a Phantom, I could have had a neon sign on my gimbal lock and still forgotten to take it off. The Mavic Pros lock is easy to forget to take off because it's at the bottom, under the bubble. Some people attach a pennant or other reminder to remove it before flight. Flying with the MP gimbal bubble on wont hurt the gimbal, but flying with the lock on will.

DJI does give you a warning in DJI Go to remove your gimbal clamp if it detects gimbal movement is restricted.
My MP came with a clear lock that is the same as the bubble, but the lock appears a little frosted. I am not sure that isnt from all the times its been removed and replaced?

Reactions: Former Member
My MP came with a clear lock that is the same as the bubble, but the lock appears a little frosted. I am not sure that isnt from all the times its been removed and replaced?

Frosted is a good word for it. It's not as clear as the bubble, but also isnt tinted. ;)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Weepo67