DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why can’t I take off here...

@BrAinZ, you unlocked the red authorization zone.
According to your screenshot the red zone centers at 50.67800,-1.10950, which is the center of runway of Bembridge.
It seems to me you requested the red zone, or DJI simply made an error.
Try following: drive inside the red zone and try to start the motors on the aircraft. (Do not take off!)
You can not start the motors when requesting a red zone and not be exact within the red area. Even being 1m outside the red zone means you can not successfully activate the unlock request.

As you are being more North East of the red zone, this will not work, the requested area is not the correct one.

Keule, even if you are right about the red zone. The valid unlock is not getting synced to the app/rc/drone. I’m not sure which. Until bembridge shows up on the “unlocking list”, the copter isn’t going fly. That’s why I’m thinking wrong serial number. Also, I think the center of the yelllow and red zones are going to have the same coordinates.

Last edited:
Are you using the flight controller serial number on the “ABOUT” screen? When you request the unlock on the DJI fly safe page. I think this might be your problem, if you have been using the printed serial number on the remote control.

So which is the correct number to use? The one printed on the Mavic or the one on the About page?

Brilliant guys!!! - Not that I've actually tried taking off yet, as the problem area is a little way away, but pretty sure you've fixed my problem....

... Which was the serial number!!!

I was always using the serial printed on the label on the Mavic, which seemed completely logical to me!

Why on Earth does the serial in the About section show something different?
Of course, looking back on the Geo Unlock page, I can now see that it does say Flight Controller Serial and where to find it (DOH!!), but it's the sort of info that is easy to skip if you think you know what you are doing :)

SO MASSIVE THANK YOU to you all for your advice! Can't wait to go back and fly there now!

Reactions: Callum
you’re welcome. When you get your footage, show us what you’ve been trying to capture

I tried to take off from the location again yesterday. I definitely had the zone unlocked from my PC at home, screenshot attached showing the zone “Bembridge” is unlocked.

The problem appears to be that this then won’t sync across to the DJI Go app? Clicking the sync option doesn’t do anything.

Any ideas why this isn’t working?View attachment 31930View attachment 31931View attachment 31932View attachment 31933View attachment 31934View attachment 31935

Please forgive me for being off-topic, but how does one create such fabulous screenshots of one's RC screen?

Thank you.

I use an iPhone, so you just take a screenshot on the phone. (Press power button and home button at the same time)

That screen shot says the aircraft is disconnected.
I live in a yellow zone near a smaller low traffic airport just like where you are at, all I get is a warning screen, but I just swipe it away and I can take off without issue in my back yard.
All the latest firmware and software.
Same here

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velmapeterson