DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why can't Active track track a large dog but it can a person or vehicle......

Won't lock on another drone either. ? Not for me anyhow. Wish they would add it to the 16.

Won't lock on another drone either. ? Not for me anyhow. Wish they would add it to the 16.
i bet that would be a sweet shot if it would work.. i imagine it would be a little scary too if it messed up and they collided lol.

i bet that would be a sweet shot if it would work.. i imagine it would be a little scary too if it messed up and they collided lol.
I purchased a program that was made for multiple drones to follow each other but couldn't work out the bugs. So close but the autonomous follow drone would not fly correctly. Program used the internal gps systems to track only DJI drones.

Yeah I actually active tracked ...well actually drew a box around a phantom 4 pro in the dark and did a dronie last night it was pretty cool I can't believe that the Mav air 2 could do this... A drone? In the dark? Mind blown (tap on the smaller picture in the link and it will reveal a video)

hell my spark will try and track anything why would they discontinue something that works so good

There was a video poste a couple of years back where someone used a MA to film another drone - I think it was an Inspire. The MA locked on ok, but then.... bam! It flew straight into the Inspire!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Prismatic
Lol, this question came to my mind again as I was trying to track my dog Wes and it still didn't work. So I went to google search typed it in and this thread was the first result lol.

Still would like to be able to active track a dog DJI...

BTW here is Wes

I've had the same poor results with a black lab, with an orange vest on, on white snow. Now that's about as high contrast as you can get. Still can't do it.... I think it's because the dog changes its motion so quickly and erratically. Cars, people, and boats are all generally moving forward, more or less in one direction. Dogs....eh....not so much.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh