DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why cant the Mavic track via GPS instead of optically?

SpyderSkeets

Reactions
I really had my hopes up for the improved, "optimized" Active Track 2.0, but in all honesty, it still is far from great. I've tried it at different speeds and settings, but it almost always loses contact with whatever I'm tracking. The Mavic is superior to my other drone, Typhoon H, in almost every way, but the Typhoon is far superior to the Mavic for following/tracking. I really wish the Mavic had the ability to track the remote via GPS. I know Litchi does this, and the tracking is pretty good, but there is evident slowing down or speeding up of the drone's movement in the video

You're referring to the 'follow me' intelligent flight mode. There's several of those legacy modes that weren't (yet) implemented in M2. I don't know how many of us used that feature, especially for phantoms since their controllers are bulky.

Reactions: Chopstix Kid
You're referring to the 'follow me' intelligent flight mode. There's several of those legacy modes that weren't (yet) implemented in M2. I don't know how many of us used that feature, especially for phantoms since their controllers are bulky.

It would be nice if they came out with a device like the Yuneec Wizard that comes with the Typhoon H. The H has the ability to follow it (via GPS I assume).

Before the M2P I purchased an H+ not knowing that they dropped the Wizard feature. In fact, they dropped a number of features that the original H had. I eventually took it back and picked up the M2P. The dropping of features in "upgraded" models seems to be an industry trend.

It would be nice if they came out with a device like the Yuneec Wizard that comes with the Typhoon H. The H has the ability to follow it (via GPS I assume).

Before the M2P I purchased an H+ not knowing that they dropped the Wizard feature. In fact, they dropped a number of features that the original H had. I eventually took it back and picked up the M2P. The dropping of features in "upgraded" models seems to be an industry trend.

You've only got so many people working for you and continuing to support features that only a small percentage of buyers take advantage of is a waste of resources to when planning and designing new models. With products there will always be new ideas that don't track well enough and they get dropped. That's why new laptops don't have that little finger print scanner and new TVs don't have 3D.

Reactions: Ian in London
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S