DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why did my Mavic 2 zoom fall out of the sky

hmmm. I'm in DJI> dji.go.v4>Flightrecord>MCDatFlightRecords

where should I be looking?
Right there ... but a full DAT file is in MB size, not KB as the one you posted earlier. You don't have another ending with FLY031.DAT?

is this the one?
Yeah ... that's the one.

My belief is that this was due to a HW failure ...

The barometric & height readings went really strange around 300sec. Fault messages regarding Barometer noise & Barometer error starts to occur in loads in the log.

1582411279166.png

1582407473192.png

At 375sec no Altitude or height data agrees...

1582408412889.png

Over time this start to effect other systems & more faults pop up in the log regarding other IMU errors like Craft ctrl failure, Height ctrl failure. About at 375sec a VPS reading for 3,42m height comes (note the height reading there) and all 4 motors are then effected ... even pitch, roll & yaw (didn't add those to minimize the spaghetti :rolleyes: ) goes haywire from there ... probably there it hits the trees or ground & tumble.

1582408130531.png

This wasn't a commanded descent ... your throttle & elevator inputs below. First VPS reading & crash moment marked in the chart.

1582405388294.png

And then the reason for this ..?

It could have been the temp... as it certainly must have been colder on higher altitudes ... or something else that caused the HW fault, perhaps somebody else chimes in which more accurate can pinpoint the reason.

1582405559041.png

Last edited:
Yeah ... that's the one.

My belief is that this was due to a HW failure ...

The barometric & height readings went really strange around 300sec. Fault messages regarding Barometer noise & Barometer error starts to occur in loads in the log.

View attachment 94778

View attachment 94771

At 375sec no Altitude or height data agrees...

View attachment 94775

Over time this start to effect other systems & more faults pop up in the log regarding other IMU errors like Craft ctrl failure, Height ctrl failure. About at 375sec a VPS reading for 3,42m height comes (note the height reading there) and all 4 motors are then effected ... even pitch, roll & yaw (didn't add those to minimize the spaghetti :rolleyes: ) goes haywire from there ... probably there it hits the trees or ground & tumble.

View attachment 94774

This wasn't a commanded descent ... your throttle & elevator inputs below. First VPS reading & crash moment marked in the chart.

View attachment 94765

And then the reason for this ..?

It could have been the temp... as it certainly must have been colder on higher altitudes ... or something else that caused the HW fault, perhaps somebody else chimes in which more accurate can pinpoint the reason.

View attachment 94766
Sorry, it has been a while since I posted. Thank you so much for the work you put into this! What is HW?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SokmaN_cy