DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why doesn't the Ignore Forum work?

Sitka78

Reactions
I have tried several times to use the Ignore Forum option as others have done, just to find out that it doesn't work. I don't have a Mavic Mini nor do I ever intend to own one so for me, there is too much Mini stuff to wade through to get to the Mavic 2 stuff that I am interested in. Could someone kindly post a step-by-step procedure so this can be accomplished? Someone here on this forum said that we don't have the intelligence to go through so much materia. Really??? Please don't downgrade those of us that don't care to look through all the Mini stuff. Thank you!!!

It works for me?
Go to the forum front page, and click ignore forum, then agree on the confirmation banner and you are done!

I clicked on the Ignore Forum but failed to see or find any thing for conformation.

It don’t give you a confirmation you just don’t see this
anymore. I tried it and works.
78179730-1BC1-4BD4-B3F3-02B81AC0FD50.jpeg You also not see any Mini threads in new threads when one is started.
EC5A2D36-F44F-43F1-9761-D2A9A367AE60.jpeg

Reactions: Sitka78
I did it and got the Confirmation screen (see below):

Attachments

• ForumIgnoreConfirm.jpg
    ForumIgnoreConfirm.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: Simmo and dirkclod
Whoops I forgot that. ?

Thank you my friend for all of your efforts.
Well I didn’t think what I saw as a confirmation but no matter. Does it work for you now ?

Well I didn’t think what I saw as a confirmation but no matter. Does it work for you now ?
Well, I opened my email and clicked on it to open it and actually nothing has changed. Maybe I need to click the ignore forum in a different window, I don't know.

Reactions: dirkclod
Well, I opened my email and clicked on it to open it and actually nothing has changed. Maybe I need to click the ignore forum in a different window, I don't know.
Well from Clackeys thread were he said
For now, all forums will continue to be listed in the daily/weekly emails.
I could see that but really not sure why you still see it on the site. Afraid you got me. Seems from post I’ve read
it’s working for most.

Maybe @clackey can give some input as to why it's not working . . .

Correct .- doesn't do anything to the daily/weekly emails yet. You'll know if it's working by checking the "whats new" section here - New posts.

If there are no mavic mini discussions then you've successfully ignored them.

You can also check here to see what users, threads and forums you are currently ignoring.

Correct .- doesn't do anything to the daily/weekly emails yet.

Do you know when it might? It seems like a lot of people, like me access these threads almost exclusively through the daily emails. So the 'ignore' function doesn't really function for us. I'm sure it's a pain to try to filter that sort of automated email customized for each recipient, just wondering if this is something that's actively being pursued.

Do you know when it might? It seems like a lot of people, like me access these threads almost exclusively through the daily emails. So the 'ignore' function doesn't really function for us. I'm sure it's a pain to try to filter that sort of automated email customized for each recipient, just wondering if this is something that's actively being pursued.
Ya, we'll need to get some quotes on development and see where it falls in the priorities. It is a fairly significant undertaking to send custom emails for each person vs one email for all users like we have today.

Ya, we'll need to get some quotes on development and see where it falls in the priorities. It is a fairly significant undertaking to send custom emails for each person vs one email for all users like we have today.
Thanks for the reply. I can imagine that it would be a bit of a hassle and potentially not worth it at all. Thanks for exploring it as a possibility though!

I have tried several times to use the Ignore Forum option as others have done, just to find out that it doesn't work. I don't have a Mavic Mini nor do I ever intend to own one so for me, there is too much Mini stuff to wade through to get to the Mavic 2 stuff that I am interested in. Could someone kindly post a step-by-step procedure so this can be accomplished? Someone here on this forum said that we don't have the intelligence to go through so much materia. Really??? Please don't downgrade those of us that don't care to look through all the Mini stuff. Thank you!!!
I have tried it and got a confirm screen but still get Mavic Mini posts in the days summary that I receive by email.Is that where the ignore function is supposed to work?

I have tried it and got a confirm screen but still get Mavic Mini posts in the days summary that I receive by email.Is that where the ignore function is supposed to work?
It doesn't work with the newsletters yet. It mainly ignores threads in the "new" section available from the menu.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS