DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why no Bluetooth connection to RC from phone?

Another consideration is that Bluetooth has a much lower bandwidth capacity than Wi-Fi or Occusync. BT 5 tops out at 2 Mbps, BT 4 at 1 Mbps. Occusync is in the range of 23-46 Mbps.

Perhaps I should have said "wireless" instead of Bluetooth or wifi in my OP. Obviously everyone responding is happy with the current phone to controller connection and the associated issues.
Thanks for your time and responses. 😉
One habit I always adopt with whatever drone I'm fielding is to connect drone, controller and app, wait for the local map to load and then engage airplane mode on the screen device.

It seems to me that connecting the phone/tablet to the Remote Controller via Bluetooth or Wifi would be much simpler and would eliminate all the connection issues that we experiance with bad cables and connection ports. the Phone/Tablet is always inches away from the Speed Test rc, so it should stay connected. The connection from the "Motion Controller" is wireless, why not the Remote Controller? We DO have the technology to make this a reality. Can someone tell me why we aren't using it?
The reason neither BT or WiFi are used is because no matter how close the two devices, the environment can still cause disconnects noise and other reliability issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan