DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why People Hate Drones

I can tell you right now that I'm gonna pretty much hate all delivery drones, like Google's. Google’s Wing has landed the FAA’s first approval for drone delivery

I don't care to see this crap cluttering up the skies (or hear them) delivering other crap to members of our already too materialist society. I dunno, maybe it won't be as bad as I'm thinking it will be...

At my previous residence, the UPS truck would double park while the driver delivered the package on foot. The brown truck would sit there, blocking traffic, while emitting an irritating beeping noise. Cars would sometimes back up behind the truck.

Consumerism and materialism isn't going to change. Whether goods are delivered by drone or truck, the clutter is going to happen. If one is more efficient than the other in a given situation, more power to that method.

Reactions: mereflyer
despite what the companies trying to get drone deliveries may have us believe is going to happen,the logistics and infrastructure required to pull off such a system,are i think a long way off,yes in specific secluded areas there could and as we know is scope for such a system,but in cities and urban areas it is not going to happen, not in my lifetime i would prefer the companies involved to improve the services they already have, and reduce the costs involved rather than promoting pie in the sky ideas (sorry for the pun)

Reactions: Thomas B
At my previous residence, the UPS truck would double park while the driver delivered the package on foot. The brown truck would sit there, blocking traffic, while emitting an irritating beeping noise. Cars would sometimes back up behind the truck.

Consumerism and materialism isn't going to change. Whether goods are delivered by drone or truck, the clutter is going to happen. If one is more efficient than the other in a given situation, more power to that method.
So now the pilot is parked somewhere flying into (over) my yard? I think not,, trees, grandkids, etc., covered porch. There will still be trucks in the same places for many (heavy) purchases. On my street everyone just drives around the truck. As stated previously, I will decline to purchase if I will have to take delivery by drone.

Reactions: deleted member 877
So now the pilot is parked somewhere flying into (over) my yard? I think not,, trees, grandkids, etc., covered porch. There will still be trucks in the same places for many (heavy) purchases. On my street everyone just drives around the truck. As stated previously, I will decline to purchase if I will have to take delivery by drone.

Not all streets, yards, porches, delivery situations and consumer preferences are the same as yours and I don't profess to know where the trucks or drone operators, if any, would be located.

Most people are scared of what they don't understand.
And sometimes we dislike the people we relate to the most

One of the main problems is that the “general public“ and the media view us as a group of flyers not individual flyers so when one of those individuals decide to be stupid and go harass someone enemy or film a maned aircraft the “general public” and the media will see us as a whole and just see drones, drone pilots, and easy ways to condemn us all. And even if it is the maned aircrafts making the mistakes the media will always say drone hits plane at high speed and never plane his drone, even if the plane was below 400 ft!!! We are always going to be the ones who get blamed until action is taken.

'You never look Good trying to make Someone else look Bad'

Last edited:
The drone delivery trial currently underway in Canberra, Australia is limited to only 100 houses in a small isolated housing estate and, as well as other restrictions, is limited to daylight hours only. Furthermore, the permit to conducting drone delivery operations expires at the end of July.

Due to significant public opposition and other factors I am betting that the permit will not be renewed and that the drone delivery industry will, at least in Australia, be shelved for the foreseeable future.

Last night, as an experiment I took out the MM2 and ascended to 400ft. Could Not see or hear it at that height............
Stealth Drones. Just fly high. Great thing with Autel drones is 8 x digital zoom. It lets you see what's in the lighted areas of the ground as if you were only 100 ft up.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb