why so many issues lately

Irish-apple

Reactions
hi AGAIN

lads this drone I so love to fly it never touched a wall / created / bumped

so

1. theres a beeping when im using the device connected to the iPad

2. theres a clicking noise coming from the drone itself

3. took out for a flight tonight my time in ireland 9.33 or close to it just getting to sunset and a bit on. got crappy photos and video with light spots and stuff all around each photo { 35 of them } dumped them all

4. brought drone back inside took a photo to show the spots etc

5. drone again starting to slightly drift left not turn but drift and gimbal is moving slightly left also in flight

6. all fine earlier that day as you see a photo I took {{ wife was in the photo think she thought I was taking a photo of her but it was of the dog lol }

IMPORTANT no damage what so ever on the drone anywhere I actually clean it after each flight and use a small little blow pipe to check for dust etc

all help as usual thanks in advance -

I know night flying { dusk } etc can be bad for focus etc but it wasnt that as I was doing a long exposure

couldnt upload video no idea why

have rebooted mavic and rc back to factory and then updated them again will check tomorrow this is so taking the fun out of flying the drone all this issues im having

whats worse if they do drop a drone next month I have cash here to buy it but thinking so not to at this stage

louise and ellie .png IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

From the device or the RC?

Is it a faint, rapid clicking?
the beeping is from the device connected to the drone iPad <---- while in flight

the clicking is rapid from the drone itself tick tick tick tick tick tick every maybe half second or less thanks

How long do you have the drone since purchased? You may check with DJI to see if it's a manufacturing defect.

Reactions: Irish-apple
How long do you have the drone since purchased? You may check with DJI to see if it's a manufacturing defect.
ah drone is not 5 months id say and I have the care refresh also im just not to keen to send it away yet as weather here in ireland is mental 30 degrees we only get that at a fire most of the time so great filming etc but if the poo hits the fan then I will do so..

The last 2 photos are just because its too dark. You have to use manual focus in the dark (and if you have a mavic like mine, it often wont focus even then). Spots are OOF streetlights. Can't see anything at all out of the ordinary there.

Trust me there bad photos I should of tried to save the other ones not street lights etc but coloured dots and specks all over the place I have read different reports on this not happy about it also

The photos look to me exactly what id expect from a mavic in low light.
Chances are specs are hot pixels and noise as a result of the ISO used.

Post some others up (along with the EXIF data from them) for a look.

Ultimately you're trying to take photos from a 3-4 year old cellphone camera on a moving vibrating platform in low light.

The photos look to me exactly what id expect from a mavic in low light.
Chances are specs are hot pixels and noise as a result of the ISO used.

Post some others up (along with the EXIF data from them) for a look.

Ultimately you're trying to take photos from a 3-4 year old cellphone camera on a moving vibrating platform in low light.
I have taken multiple shots at night before and no issues I use filters also and dial in the iso / shutter etc its not the night photo

I have been out this morning and taken shots and the drone is drifting after factory reset and then update in assistant both the drone and the rc then calibrated the imu / sensors / new props /

I have taken multiple shots at night before and no issues I use filters also and dial in the iso / shutter etc its not the night photo

I have been out this morning and taken shots and the drone is drifting after factory reset and then update in assistant both the drone and the rc then calibrated the imu / sensors / new props /
Then I will call DJI support... You already mentioned that you have the care refresh. They will more than happy to assist you.

Why would you use filters at night?!
Put up some of the other ones - the 2 ones up here are just bog standard low light, noisy, bad focus (and the first also has motion blur). Put up the others, it'll help see if there is a fault.

The 2 night time pictures just look like photo’s where the dynamic range of the camera will not meet the exposure values of the scene. There are probably hot pixels and refraction ghosts there as well but the images published are not detailed enough to see them.
If you are taking long exposures at night you are going to have problems. The drone is going to drift with its gps position rather than hold a position.

Why would you use filters at night?!
Put up some of the other ones - the 2 ones up here are just bog standard low light, noisy, bad focus (and the first also has motion blur). Put up the others, it'll help see if there is a fault.
You would use filters at night so that you could have a slower shutter speed.

Also meant to say that if the drone has never met a wall, tree, or any other hard surface why would you want to use care refresh to get yourself someone else’s refurbished wreck?
What else has changed? Have you up dated Go4 or the drone firmware? If you were happy with what you had why add another variable by installing unknown software. I understand that there are ways to roll back firmware, but you might be unable to roll back Go4 if you are using iOS.

I agree that on a particularly dark night you may not, but if you are shooting a sunset or even city lights at night, you may need to use filters to slow shutter down.
I know that when I was trying to get some shots of Philadelphia at 11:00 P.M., I was only able to get down to a 3-4 second exposure, which isn't quite long enough to get the nice streaks of car headlights. If I had had my filters with me at the time, I could have gone up to an 8 or even 10 second exposure. It all depends on what your doing

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54