DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wide angle lens message on RC2 and Air 3

Dusty DJI

Reactions
I am curious to know if anyone with the Air 3 gets the wide angle attached message when using Freewell Split ND or CPL filters on the camera.
I'm planning on getting the split nd and a CPL, maybe a ND2000 in the future.
If it's the weight of the Freewell filters, does anyone recommend any other filter set?

@Dusty DJI ,all i can say with regards to ND filters on the Air3 is that the DJI set i purchased with my Air 3 have not caused such an error message to appear

I have the split ND filters from freewell and have not had a wide angle lens message appear. Holding both the standard lens cover and an ND filter, they have a similar weight to them.

And just for fun, I weighed them with a kitchen scale. Standard lens cover is 3g. Freewell split ND 16/32 is 4g. Wide angle lens is 9.2g according to the DJI website.

Reactions: davidarmenb
I have the split ND filters from freewell and have not had a wide angle lens message appear. Holding both the standard lens cover and an ND filter, they have a similar weight to them.
Good to know. I was interested in the split ND filters instead of the DJI ones just because they made more sense on duel camera dual f stop systems. The CPL doesn't really make any difference since I don't do pano's which is from what I understand is the camera function that doesn't work in wide angle.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne