Join Us Now

Wide angle lens now available for mini 3 pro

MavicMike55

Reactions
  • Sad
Reactions: NG Wildman
UPS Worldwide Express - $182.18
I think I'll wait
They wanted $34 to ship me the lens and a set of control sticks. Not today Satan!

And here I thought the lens was too wide as it is, lol!

I'd also be concerned about the weight of that thing on this tiny gimbal.

Reactions: KLRSKIR
wow, there must be something wrong with their shipping calculator!! Those prices are insane. No one would ever go for that!!

FWIW: At one point DJI had their own branded wide angle lens offered on their website. For some reason it was pulled. Here is a link to said lens from B&H and it seems to have been pulled as well. It would be listed as "pre-order" if they expected it to become available.

I think a wide angle might not work on the new Mini 3.

I won't tell you what you can do with your shipping charge; but I'm sure you can guess.
That's one of the most ridiculous S & H I have ever seen. I was in a hurry amid charging my just arriver Mini 3 (40 minutes ago) and ordered this. I checked the order confirmation email and almost had a heart attack. I called and canceled the order. I ALSO added a comment about the shipping prices and the rep (who was very personable and polite) said he would escalate the comment/problem to the appropriate department.
I will be watching to see if it was just lip service or will be acted upon.

I find the 24 mm of the Mini 3 Pro perfect, as my main lens with DSLR is of the same length.
While I do think there will certainly be people, who can creativly use it to their advantage, for most of my work, I could not think of a use case. I rather shoot panoramas (but of course they involve more of a hassle especially with stitching and moving objects).

That said, I think with the adapter you are also above 250 g.
That's why DJI is more or less restricting this to be sold in Europe, like the extended batteries.

Still waiting for the Wide Angle to be available in the UK, cost around £30

Is this an actual DJI official product or a 3rd party?

I see on the case DJI and wondered.

DJI has supposedly pulled the product but I gather there is a 3rd party one. Either way, you won't find stock right this moment in the UK at least

It looks official with the DJI badge logo on the top...

I presume if DJI have pulled the product, then there must be issues affecting the gimbal.

I won't tell you what you can do with your shipping charge; but I'm sure you can guess.
That's one of the most ridiculous S & H I have ever seen. I was in a hurry amid charging my just arriver Mini 3 (40 minutes ago) and ordered this. I checked the order confirmation email and almost had a heart attack. I called and canceled the order. I ALSO added a comment about the shipping prices and the rep (who was very personable and polite) said he would escalate the comment/problem to the appropriate department.
I will be watching to see if it was just lip service or will be acted upon.
10 Days later and still no change in Shipping price...THEY ARE CRAZY !!!!

Actually I just was about to get one for $4.95 "super saver" -5-10 Days. Then got Free shipping. Here is how. When logged in, item in cart all I was offered for shipping started at $29.95. Not terrible, but not great for a $39 item that's what... 25 grams?

Logged out, ordered as guest, and ship was free, NYC to North Carolina. I can't say how far they will ship for free but check it out

SmartSelect_20220620-164537_Email.jpg

So $41.83 and I'm all set. Be aware I suspect there is an issue with these, and if forced to guess I would suspect weight causing issues. I have no inside info on it, but:

a)DJI Stopped selling them
b) this is a "closeout"

Those two points make me suspect a potential problem. For $42 bucks I will take a chance. I put a slightly beefier, though still cheap ND Filter I just got so I would have  something on it today and powered down the gimbal drooped. I'm about to test it now, just charging my ONE battery. Boy does THAT get old fast - batteries are like contraband or collector items, some dude out of Australia is selling his own batteries on Ebay for $150)

Anyway, this bigger frame ND is tge cheap, but not completely horrible "JSR" branded ones -sold under a dozen different names. The look double the depth -the frame is twice as deep, and it might be fine, I have no other experience with filters or lenses on this new gimbal design. Will post my impressions later.

Reactions: johnmont250
I just got mine from B&H. Does anyone have the settings for lens distortion in Premiere or corner pin in Premiere that fixes the wide angle curvature that they want to share?

Reactions: Torque
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dr0nk3rt