DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will a 3rd Party GPS Tracker Work?

Here is the forum for the design. Reprap Wilson 3D Printer User's Forum
Marty Rice is the designer but actually the design is "open-source" - The Bill of Materials and parts list is available. All the parts can be picked up on ebay Mcmaster Carr or where ever.
There are complete hardware kits and plastics available on ebay if you want to go that route. The key is not using craptastic quality parts. Real E3D hotend - not a clone...a real arduino mega microcontroller...good name-brand high torque steppers etc etc....You could build one cheap. I bought mine from Marty directly because I knew he used the better parts. I've also put a E3D chimera dual hotend on it, a larger LCD screen and printed some nice 5:1 gear reduction bowden extruders for it. All upgrades are also opensource(google around).
I don't want to seem like a salesman - there are plenty of good designs and kits. I almost bought a genuine prusa i3 and looked at several other decent kits based on open designs. IMO the key is quality parts...

Yes...he sells them via Tindie but also has Reprap Wilson 3D Printer User's Forum
The Bill of materials and stl files for the plastic parts are available. It's all a non-proprietary "open-source" design - parts of it and kits can usually be found on ebay although I haven't looked in a few months. The kits from him come with genuine E3D hotends, quality steppers etc...can't vouch for other kits.

The last date on the forum is January 2016. Doesn't instill much confidence when everything is 2 years old with no new activity

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54