DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will a magnet stick to a Mavic?

Lowflyer281

Reactions
Had a crash today thinking drone ended up in a creek. I was wondering if i were to get a large magnet on a rope would it attach to the Mavic? I am assuming it is a total loss at this point but i want to at least try to recover it.

no magnet wont stick to anything on a Mavic. You need a big grapple hook. Maybe made from coat hangers?
ETA; If you are real lucky, maybe a motor housing will stick, but a hook would be best

Even if a magnet would stick, I wouldn't try it...it would screw up your compasses and you'd be bound for more crashes or flyaways...

LP

I think if his Mavic has drowned he's going to have bigger problems than compass calibration to deal with. If he has DJI Care, at least he might be able to get the drone repaired/replaced if he can recover it.

Had a crash today thinking drone ended up in a creek. I was wondering if i were to get a large magnet on a rope would it attach to the Mavic? I am assuming it is a total loss at this point but i want to at least try to recover it.

Dont give up on it as a total loss. At least yours is in fresh water. Ive seen some Mavics come back from the dead that were in salt water for days. Try to get it back and dried off.

Dont give up on it as a total loss. At least yours is in fresh water. Ive seen some Mavics come back from the dead that were in salt water for days. Try to get it back and dried off.

I am going to try again tomorrow. I am thinking that it is in 10 feet or so of water. The biggest problem is that the air temperature is just above freezing and the water is starting to freeze over.

I am going to try again tomorrow. I am thinking that it is in 10 feet or so of water. The biggest problem is that the air temperature is just above freezing and the water is starting to freeze over.
Any scuba divers in your area, a dive shop perhaps? One of them can drop in on snorkel and retrieve it.

Get someone from the polar bear club to go diving for it. :cool:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro