DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will a mini 1 rear arm work for a mini 2?

Kywon McCain

⭐Smooth Operator⭐
Premium Pilot
Reactions
I met that mystery drone pilot... Dad took me to meet him and he had all kinds of drones.
I showed him the broken rear arm of my mini 2 and he have me a salvaged mini 1 to try to fix it with.

20220915_202122.jpg
Would a mini 1 arm work with a mini 2?

Reactions: LoudThunder
I'm gonna answer my own question
Because I rushed things and I just got finished doing that stressful soldering thing and I just test flew it
Yes
But...
You need the Mini 1 propellers for the motor because the mini 2 props won't fit

You need the Mini 1 propellers for the motor because the mini 2 props won't fit
It looks like Hannibal Lecter did the dissection… Even if the arm actually fits, you do realize that the motors are different (That's why the props will not fit…) and the IMU probably will not be able to balance the Drone properly. It might work, as folk have been loading drones down with a whole bunch of stuff: from stuffed animals to blue tooth speakers, to toy flashing police lights, etc… but is it really worth it, when you can buy arms off ebay and elsewhere (New and Used…).

Even if it does work, the flight characteristics will be different from one side to the other since the Mini motor is not as powerful and if you push it to full throttle, it might just fly in a big circle since the Mini motor will not be able to keep up with the Mini 2 motors.

You do realize that you will have to rename your drone to something along the lines of "Frankendroner" or "Dronerstein" or even "FrankenDronerStein"

Good Luck!

Reactions: dirkclod
It looks like Hannibal Lecter did the dissection… Even if the arm actually fits, you do realize that the motors are different (That's why the props will not fit…) and the IMU probably will not be able to balance the Drone properly. It might work, as folk have been loading drones down with a whole bunch of stuff: from stuffed animals to blue tooth speakers, to toy flashing police lights, etc… but is it really worth it, when you can buy arms off ebay and elsewhere (New and Used…).

Even if it does work, the flight characteristics will be different from one side to the other since the Mini motor is not as powerful and if you push it to full throttle, it might just fly in a big circle since the Mini motor will not be able to keep up with the Mini 2 motors.

You do realize that you will have to rename your drone to something along the lines of "Frankendroner" or "Dronerstein" or even "FrankenDronerStein"

Good Luck!
bro what

Good Luck!
Oh
Well it seems to fly fine for me
The flight characteristics didn't seem to change
If not there to stay
It's there until I can find afford a replacement mini 2 arm
I got this from a crashed mini 1 someone gave to me

I got this from a crashed mini 1 someone gave to me
Well kudos to you for a job well done. But I do believe there will be variations in the flight characteristics and I advise great care to see if, or when the "devil" will strike… I hope you find a replacement quickly and if you don't already do this, consider repairing drones on the side or even part time in a shop that specializes in phone/tablet repairs…

Well kudos to you for a job well done. But I do believe there will be variations in the flight characteristics and I advise great care to see if, or when the "devil" will strike… I hope you find a replacement quickly and if you don't already do this, consider repairing drones on the side or even part time in a shop that specializes in phone/tablet repairs…
But what if I mess up that job

Then you’ve messed up. 😀

But what if I mess up that job
Hey, you do not think they mess up too, If you do mess up, you say you are sorry, it will not happen again. Or, they will fire you and as long as you did not mess up on purpose, they cannot even dock your pay. Or you can quit... Once again, as long as the "mess up" was not intentional, but rather through an error or a mistake, the worse that can happen is you get fired, But I advise that if you think you are going to be fired, "Resign," don't quit, then you can still use them as a reference to explain where you received your experience. You can explain that You just were not happy there and they were not happy with your leaving....

It’s his personal one LT. Read his signature 👍

It’s his personal one LT. Read his signature 👍
20220915_202122.jpg
The one on the left is mine

The one on the right is something a guy me and my dad met gave to me

Apperently the one on the right is also thisScreenshot_20220919-143437_YouTube.jpg

Reactions: dirkclod
I do not know what the damage was that required a replacement arm and I have not checked to see whether there is any difference between the rear arms of the mavic mini and the mini2......BUT.......I would suggest that you investigate whether or not there are any differences in the electrical characteristics of the motors of the two drones. Ditto the ESC's and or their programming (if the latter is applicable).

That said, if the original Mini 2 motor was functional I would, in your circumstances, have been inclined to put the Mini 2 motor on the Mavic Mini arm (assuming that it fits) and thereby dispense with any worries concerning the compatibility of the ESC and motor. It would also done away with the need to mix props.

Just for the record, the front arms are NOT the same.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121