DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

will a nd filter help....

genesimmons

Reactions
hi all, been ahwile since i posted here, my mav suffered a water landing,,,,last year and the issues progressed from there, anyhooo shes airborn again thanx to a local shop in vancouver, ok, i use litchi for panos because of the flexibility and have had much better luck using it, today was quite bright out and i noticed the weird prop lines in the photos like i would get with djigo, my shutter was around 3500, are the lines caused by to fast of shutter or from the mav itself moving from one photo to another, i have litchi set to focus and such for .5 seconds between each photo so i wouldnt think that would be a issue, would a nd lower my shutter in this sittuation and maybe help with the lines, ill try and post a photo of the lines i am talking about

Attachments

• DJI_0010.jpg
    DJI_0010.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 69
Send the drone back up with the same camera settings - take a shot - make a note of the settings.
Change the camera settings - take a shot - make a note of the settings.
Continue to change the camera settings - take a shot - make a note of the settings.
Try 'auto' on one, and vary the ISO and other settings per shot and you may find the solution - or at least what NOT to do.
Also, try the same settings but rotate 180 - away from the sun.
An ND filter is only likely to be the solution if you are in very bright conditions, but you could throw an ND into the process above as an additional variable - note the settings.

If every shot with every setting has the lines, its something deeper.
I don't know about the .5 sec focus issue - for big sky panos, just set to infinity.

Let us know the outcome.

ok i have set of nd ill try them in the sun and see, the prob is i dont see the lines while shooitng i only see them when i get home and edit them and add some clarity etc, they are hard to see in the phone itself while shooting

today was quite bright out and i noticed the weird prop lines in the photos like i would get with djigo, my shutter was around 3500, are the lines caused by to fast of shutter or from the mav itself moving from one photo to another, i have litchi set to focus and such for .5 seconds between each photo so i wouldnt think that would be a issue, would a nd lower my shutter in this sittuation and maybe help with the lines, ill try and post a photo of the lines i am talking about
Are you sure those lines are prop lines?
To be caused by the shadows from the sun passing through the props to the lens, the lines would be horizontal.
I have a feeling ND filters aren't the solution.
I'd be doing some test shots to see when and how those lines are appearing.

To be caused by the shadows from the sun passing through the props to the lens, the lines would be horizontal.
to be honest i dont know if they are prop lines or what they are, they dont appear all the time though, i have seen them before when using djigo pano as that pano shoots super fast,litchi alows me to slow the time between shots which i like, not sure if these lines apear more when shooting portait mode or landscape mode, ill try both in a pano and see, the image i posted was in portait mode,

If they are on the sun side only and do not progress all the way across the entire image, then they are sun lines. If they go evenly across the entire image, then they are not prop lines, but something else.

If they are on the sun side only and do not progress all the way across the entire image, then they are sun lines. If they go evenly across the entire image, then they are not prop lines, but something else.
yes they are across the whole image, they are perfect symetrical too, i put a example in the first post, weird i dont get them all the time, ill have to do some more testing and see what settings is causing thesese

Hmmm, try for the same lighting conditions and altitude and fly the same rough degree course and then begin alter that course by, say, 15 degree increments all the way around and see if you are then seeing a difference as you move further away from the sun and angle where you see these lines. That will tell you if they are being caused by the sun on your props.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird