DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

will i be happy

Reactions
was flying a borrowed mavic pro for a couple years and owner wanted it back. now i am loking at a mavic air 2 as that is about my budget. will i be happy with it. I am just a casual/ hobby user

i fly in windy conditions and am thinking a little bigger is better in wind. i flew a phantom 3 and then a mavic pro so the new smaller mavics are new ground for me

i fly over alot of my woodlots in cooler breezier weather. dont really need high megapixel but long range comes in handy as sometimes it is in thick wooded areas and just out of sight at times. are controls and video interface similar to mavic pro?

i fly over alot of my woodlots in cooler breezier weather. dont really need high megapixel but long range comes in handy as sometimes it is in thick wooded areas and just out of sight at times. are controls and video interface similar to mavic pro?
The Mini 2 and the MA2 share specs on wind resistance and range JFYI. They both will go farther than a MP1 and fly very similar (All three);)

Reactions: Thomas B
The MA2 is my first drone and I'm very satisfied. I had shopped for a drone for 3 years. A few positives:
  • Compact size when folded for travel.
  • Long battery life which gives flexibility for capturing shots both near and far.
  • Reasonable sound level with well-designed props.
  • Dependability. I've only crashed it once since June when I flew sideways into a tree. A prop had a bad cut which I replaced from the Fly More Combo.
  • Stable in gusty wind.
  • Occusync 2 gives a strong signal when the drone is farther away. Remember that it is still LOS. If an object gets in the way of the signal it will degrade considerably.
  • Several safety features such as sensors, video feed, telemetry data, geo fencing and RTH.
You'll have to compare it to other drones. I definitely like it better than the MA and the MM. However, the MM2 might be a consideration depending on your budget and needs.

Reactions: eaglesurfing
was flying a borrowed mavic pro for a couple years and owner wanted it back. now i am loking at a mavic air 2 as that is about my budget. will i be happy with it. I am just a casual/ hobby user

I'm very pleased with my Air 2! If I did not have it, I'd be looking closely at the Mini 2. Air 2 is a little bigger and faster. Seems from reports that Mini 2 handles wind well.

Your love the MA2 it a great bit of kit for the price, i recently flew
the new mini, if you can afford the extra go for the Air 2 you won't
be disappointed.........i wasn't ?

Its almost double the price "Flymore" but I live by the motto (you get what you pay for). hopefully its true in this case.
I find the FMC to be excellent value. I often run through all three batteries in a single outing. Currently each original MA2 battery is $115. So the two extra would be $230 and you have already saved with the FMC. The battery bar is great for charging all the batteries and controller the night before flying. Props will inevitably wear and get damaged. Currently they are $11 per pair and the FMC includes a bunch of them. I still use the carrying case that came with FMC. So, you might save money now by not getting the FMC, but you will pay later. I guess your choice is "fly more" or "pay more." ;)

Reactions: MA2 317
Air 2 is pretty much the best drone available currently. You will be happy. Unless waypoints are your thing...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MemphisDrone