DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will ipad mini 2 work ?

will the ipad mini2 work or operate with the mavic mini as my sis has one for free
just check what os version it is running or just give it a try to load the app

Reactions: Flytelandon
It appears to be working, I have IPad mini 2 Retina and so far so good, but I didn't do a lot of flying, just tested indoors. The app however is not yet optimised for the screen, you have to enlarge the app and the resolution isn't great. I hope they will fix it with the update.

It appears to be working, I have IPad mini 2 Retina and so far so good, but I didn't do a lot of flying, just tested indoors. The app however is not yet optimised for the screen, you have to enlarge the app and the resolution isn't great. I hope they will fix it with the update.
Apparently its new and not opened as it was giving gift from her work, would u upgrade the ios or leave as whats on it? I heard some ios upgrades could be worse ?

Guess only way to test it is try it? Could I chance crashing it from in the air?

Hopefully not but take my advice at your own risk, It’s my first drone ever and I have about 15 minutes of flight under my belt :), I tried it on iPhone 6 too as I had one gathering the dust, it’s on the same ios and I had no issues.. I don’t want to use my own phone for flying because of the phonecalls, battery drain etc so It is nice that both devices work, I just restored them to factory settings, removed all the apps and intend to use them only for flying..

Hopefully not but take my advice at your own risk, It’s my first drone ever and I have about 15 minutes of flight under my belt :), I tried it on iPhone 6 too as I had one gathering the dust, it’s on the same ios and I had no issues.. I don’t want to use my own phone for flying because of the phonecalls, battery drain etc so It is nice that both devices work, I just restored them to factory settings, removed all the apps and intend to use them only for flying..
Exactly what im doing too as im running iphone 6 and being disturbed flying too, hoping the ipad mini2 will be my dedicated one for flying my 3 mavic drones

Its a ipad mini2 , it should reach ? No?
the one that is included is too short, you need at least 25cm if you are planning to use the ipad with the controller without any additional holders etc...(just in case you don't know, Ipad mini 2 fits nicely in the controller arms, fells balanced and comfy) the good thing is that they are super cheap, you can find one on ali for around €3 and something like €6 on amazon..

The other Mavic remotes have an A port on the bottom. Mini does not so you have to use side Micro port with OTG adapter or dedicated cable. I bought an adapter so I can use any cable I want.

Are use the iPad mini 2 with the Mavic mini without any issues.
For most applications it seems to be as good as the mini4

My Mavic pro seems to prefer the fire processing speed of the iPad mini 4

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oshgeo