DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will my Mavic Air 2s be restricted back to 150mfrom people from 2023 even with AO2C?

Bunraku

Reactions
Hi

I am in the UK and have just bought a Mavic Air 2’s and am currently flying under the A3 category(fly no nearer than 150m away from uninvolved people) and will be taking my test soon to get the AO2C qualification(fly no nearer than 50m from uninvolved people) until Dec 31st 2022 and from Jan 1st 2023 no nearer than 30m from uninvolved people.

However I believe my existing Mavi Air 2s from 01/01/2023 will be downgraded from the open A2 class to the C3 class. This means that despite having the AO2C qualification I will then be back to not flying within 150m of people unless I have a drone rated under the new C class system.

Is that right?

Thanks

@Bunraku unfortunately the Air 2 s like all other drones heavier than 250 g will be classed as legacy from the first of January 2023 in the UK ,but in order to be able to fly a c rated drone from that date you are going to need an A2 C of C anyway ,but of course there is nothing stopping you from passing your GVC which will then allow you to fly your A2s in the specific category with all that entails there seems to be some confusion over the open A1 class ,with regards to the up to 900 g drones, this applies only to c rated drones ,not drones that are under 900 g, that we may be flying now of course these rules could change at a later date ,if the powers that be decide to do so

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots