DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will not connect! Pulling my hair out!

Reactions
What am I doing wrong?
Power on mini. Power on controller. Bring up app, connect aircraft, plug cord in, nothing.
x 10. Tried waiting for controller and mini to sync, phone internet connection good if that even matters. Powered on powered off. I know I’m doing it correct, because it worked straight out of box with same process. Everything’s updated. What gives?!

What am I doing wrong?
Power on mini. Power on controller. Bring up app, connect aircraft, plug cord in, nothing.
x 10. Tried waiting for controller and mini to sync, phone internet connection good if that even matters. Powered on powered off. I know I’m doing it correct, because it worked straight out of box with same process. Everything’s updated. What gives?!
just for a change try it this way
(connect RC to your viewing device with the cable first
then with the device turned on start the RC and select fly app
then you will get a message RC connected
start the MM and wait for it to connect and say go fly

just one more thing to mention ,if it still wont connect, try a different SD card if you have one

Reactions: Capt KO
What am I doing wrong?
remove your cell phone case if you have one. mine was interfering although it looked like it was not.

Reactions: iaincaradoc
Have you considered trying to put the MM in sync mode to re-sync with the controller? With the MM powered up hold the power button for 4 seconds (MM will beep when it goes into sync mode) then power up the controller.

Guys I’ve started all of my Mavics every way you can and always have.
Except a few times ?
Was the cord, Tryed a new one and bingo.
Just a thought.?

Have you considered trying to put the MM in sync mode to re-sync with the controller? With the MM powered up hold the power button for 4 seconds (MM will beep when it goes into sync mode) then power up the controller.
I’ll try that, very aggravating since I just bought it. Thanks.

I agree with Dirkclod.

2 weeks ago I had the same no connectioin issue, including lots of warnings from the controller. After 3 days of experimenting (changing/reformatting cards, etc) I finally did what I should have done first. Replacing the cable between the controller and my iPad fixed it immediately

Reactions: dirkclod
just for a change try it this way
(connect RC to your viewing device with the cable first
then with the device turned on start the RC and select fly app
then you will get a message RC connected
start the MM and wait for it to connect and say go fly
Tried your way and worked perfectly, prob the correct way to do it. Thanks a bunch.

Reactions: old man mavic
Tried your way and worked perfectly, prob the correct way to do it. Thanks a bunch.
glad it helped ,its the way i have always done it ,and its the reverse at the end of the flight ,make sure recording stopped drone off rc off then out of the app and device on standby if you intend to fly again soon ,we each have slightly different methods ,and stick to what works for us

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore