DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will prop guard from Mavic Mini fit the Mini 2?

Hope so bought the prop guards. Figure for Indore flying or if I want to try flying through tight spaces it protects more than just the props. I have seen the drone just bounce off a wall or tree and since propellers weren't interrupted it stays in flight

The MM2 arms are just a smidge larger, so you just squeeze a little and the clips for the props guard close just fine and it works perfectly.

Last edited:
strangly the battery from 1 will fit 2.... but battery from 2 dont fit 1
MM1 battery fits into the MM2 AC, but there are a few caveats. Voltage is lower on the MM1 battery and heavier. A charging accessory designed for the MM2 could overcharge the MM1 battery, and MM1 charging accessory undercharge the MM2 battery.

The MM2 arms are just a smidge larger, so you just squeeze a little and the clips for the props guard close just fine and it works perfectly.
Thinking about purchasing the MM2 but would like propellor guards but dji says it’s OOS. Would I be safe getting the guards for the MM1?

Thinking about purchasing the MM2 but would like propellor guards but dji says it’s OOS. Would I be safe getting the guards for the MM1?
I purchased the Mini with the fly more combo and prop guards about a year ago...I use them on the Mini 2 that I just got a cpl months ago. They work fine. The only difference I see with the Mini 2 is that I have to squeeze the front clips a little more to get them to snap. The arms are a little thicker and much stronger, but I have flown the Mini 2 with the Mini guards inside at work and there is no noticeable difference.
Either way the Mini 2 is the way to go. I have both and fly both, but the Mini 2 is waaaay better.
DO NOT FLY INSIDE WITHOUT PROPS !!! I am a pretty good flier (notice I did not say pilot) I have flown inside without prop guards on...I was lucky and will never do it again.

Last edited:
Reactions: MavicFanBoy07
I purchased the Mini with the fly more combo and prop guards about a year ago...I use them on the Mini 2 that I just got a cpl months ago. They work fine. The only difference I see with the Mini 2 is that I have to squeeze the front clips a little more to get them to snap. The arms are a little thicker and much stronger, but I have flown the Mini 2 with the Mini guards inside at work and there is no noticeable difference.
Either way the Mini 2 is the way to go. I have both and fly both, but the Mini 2 is waaaay better.
DO NOT FLY INSIDE WITHOUT PROPS !!! I am a pretty good flier (notice I did not say pilot) I have flown inside without prop guards on...I was lucky and will never do it again.
The Mini 2, with more power has WAY more sensitive stick response in C mode. I hadn't considered prop guards with my Mini 1 for flying indoors. With the Mini 2 they seem to be essential, at least until DJI decides to change the stick input curves to be less sensitive.

Thanks for info. We get a lot of snow here and wanted to let my children fly the drone indoors. Hopefully the guards will save the drone and the walls ?

I'd imagine they will as the body looks the same, but if someone knows, please advise ... Thanks ~
Yes, the Mini 2 has the same body as the Mavic Mini 1. The only difference is that the Mini 2 is now actually 242g instead of 249g. I know it says it is still 249g on the DJI website but when you weigh it yourself it is 242g. I think they did this to leave some weight for accessories without passing 250g. (like prop-guards)

I’ve ordered the mini 2 guard. Will report back but my question is if both mini drones are same in shape, why would DJI come out with another model of the propeller guard?

I’ve ordered the mini 2 guard. Will report back but my question is if both mini drones are same in shape, why would DJI come out with another model of the propeller guard?
DJI must have thought there was something different enough,with at least their prop guards, to have them specifically for the Mini 2. I'll be interested in knowing how much the set of DJI guards actually weigh. The stated weight for the 2 pieces is 46 grams.

I've got some 3rd party prop guards on order from Amazon that are less cage-like that should be able to work if the leg thickness is the only thing that is the difference. These will weigh, according to printed specs, 27 grams. I have some PGY leg extensions from my Mini 1, and while a bit tighter work fine. I expect them to work, but can return them to Amazon if they don't. Hopefully they'll let me make some minor mistakes without breaking anything. The DJI guards while more encompassing seem like a bit of overkill. I suppose if you're flying near small children who are likely to hurt themselves with little or minimal protection the DJI guards might be the way to go. I'm simply concerned with bumping into walls and trees and don't want my Mini to have to overcome additional weight when it comes to handling. I can't say. Perhaps the less expensive minimalist guards will be a bust? I'll know tomorrow when they get here.

1607530840039.png 1607530993631.png

Last edited:
DJI must have thought there was something different enough,with at least their prop guards, to have them specifically for the Mini 2. I'll be interested in knowing how much the set of DJI guards actually weigh. The stated weight for the 2 pieces is 46 grams.

I've got some 3rd party prop guards on order from Amazon that are less cage-like that should be able to work if the leg thickness is the only thing that is the difference. These will weigh, according to printed specs, 27 grams. I have some PGY leg extensions from my Mini 1, and while a bit tighter work fine. I expect them to work, but can return them to Amazon if they don't. Hopefully they'll let me make some minor mistakes without breaking anything. The DJI guards while more encompassing seem like a bit of overkill. I suppose if you're flying near small children who are likely to hurt themselves with little or minimal protection the DJI guards might be the way to go. I'm simply concerned with bumping into walls and trees and don't want my Mini to have to overcome additional weight when it comes to handling. I can't say. Perhaps the less expensive minimalist guards will be a bust? I'll know tomorrow when they get here.

View attachment 118883 View attachment 118884
The prop guards for the Mini 2 are actually more heavy than the guard for the Mini 1. If you look on there website: the Mini 2's guards are 23.5g where as the guards for the Mini 1 are 23.1g. I don't think that 0.4g will make much of a noticeable difference but at least we know that they are different products. DJI might of made the new prop guards out of more solid plastics like they have done for the drone it's self.

The prop guards for the Mini 2 are actually more heavy than the guard for the Mini 1. If you look on there website: the Mini 2's guards are 23.5g where as the guards for the Mini 1 are 23.1g. I don't think that 0.4g will make much of a noticeable difference but at least we know that they are different products. DJI might of made the new prop guards out of more solid plastics like they have done for the drone it's self.
.5gms is nothing. But each of the two halves are 23.5grams, so that has to be doubled to get the final payload weigth of 47 grams. The guards I ordered, while minimalist are half that weight for 4 individual prop guards. I will have a much better idea if they work and how well tomorrow when they arrive.

Have you seen the PGYTech prop guard? It looks like something out of Mad Max and Thunderdome. The product weight is listed as 8.8 ounces (249 grams.... about the same weight as the drone itself). I suppose you could play bumper cars with a couple of Minis with these things installed.
Item Weight8.8 ounces

1607653131224.png

Crikey - just looking at the link (useful as I'm considering getting some for my Mini 2 which is on order - first ever drone, so protection is appealing!) they have a big impact on flight time - the link says max 18 mins with the guards on. Is that just the extra weight or the aerodynamics too?

The answer is in... YES, the minimalist prop guards will fit the Mini 2!

I got the "Circle Guards" for Mavic Mini in this afternoon and had to try them right away. Yes, they do (just barely) fit, but that's all that counts. As noted the Mini 2 arms are a little beefier. Each of the four pieces has a dedicated arm to it, and it's obvious so you can't make a mistake installing them in the wrong place. The back guards went on without much effort, but the front legs required a bit of extra push to get them to lock on as the Mini 2's legs are probably .1 or .2 of a mm thicker. Perhaps the plastic on the guards will loosen a hair after use? I'll know after I try to put them back on next time.

My Mini 2, with a few strips of velcro weighs in at 239.6 grams. With the prop guards it is 265 grams, no longer under the magic weight limit, but still very light. DJI's guards, while more protective weigh twice what these weigh. I suppose if you want more protection on the top and insides and don't mind having two sets of conjoined pieces the DJI ones will be better.

As I said, these are minimalist. There is no protection above the props nor on the inside of them. So you don't want to crash it into something above it or get careless with small children around. But it's perfect for careening off of walls or doorways where the Mini is just "off" or turbulence sucks it into an obstacle. I did take it for a few spins around the living room, dining room and long hallway. I have to say, these prop guards, as minimal as they are gave me a lot more confidence flying indoors as I knew that a minor mistake wouldn't scar my walls or furniture or send me running to change propellers.

As a bonus, because of the small size with 4 smaller pieces rather than 2, they seem to fit nicely in the lid of my Apache case. As a double bonus, these things were only $8, delivered Minimalist Prop Guards

So here is what came with today's Amazon delivery...

Mini2ProPGuards.jpgCase_wPropGuards.jpg

I bought the mini 1 guards which do fit the mini 2 although a bit tight to clip on as others have said, though not having a 1 can't compare with the fit on that. I would be tempted by the more minimal ones like above though for less weight if you don't need such protection with a cage around it, but more sensible than the PGYTech ones which seem a bit excessive and heavy.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS