DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will the dji fpv goggles work with the mavic air 2? If not what kind of goggles will work.

Reactions: tiwag
Not looking to start an argument here... Wouldn't using goggles be an immediate and constant violation of the whole line of sight thing since you are now looking only at a screen showing what the drone sees? Or are the goggles meant to be for someone other than the pilot?

I don't follow laws I don't believe in so I would also be interested in googles however not this year. I've spent enough already :p

Not looking to start an argument here... Wouldn't using goggles be an immediate and constant violation of the whole line of sight thing since you are now looking only at a screen showing what the drone sees? Or are the goggles meant to be for someone other than the pilot?
Some goggles offer "see through" capability as well, like a heads up display in your car.

What about phones with Type C USB out that have the ability to use an adapter to convert to HDMI (Samsung S20+)?

Has anyone attempted this with any success?

I just read on the dji forum that dji has committed to making the Smartcontroller work with the Dji Fly app and the Mavic Air 2, and since the smart controller has the hdmi out, it will work with the White and RE goggles. But that hasn’t happened yet.
Will probably buy the A2 if they get it working with the SM,and goggles,...even if it's only via Hdmi.
You would have thought they would have had this in place ,before releasing the A2,surely it must have had an effect on sales,especially amongst owners of SC and goggles.

Reactions: Lou sheppard
Will probably buy the A2 if they get it working with the SM,and goggles,...even if it's only via Hdmi.
You would have thought they would have had this in place ,before releasing the A2,surely it must have had an effect on sales,especially amongst owners of SC and goggles.
I am not sure goggles are as popular as one thinks. I've tried someone else's, and I thought it uncomfortable and constraining and on a side note, somewhat expensive.... Course thats just IMHO...

You are looking for a fight. Fpv is very popular but you are concerned with the faa? Why are there so many beta cuck men out there? How about just go out and enjoy your hobby and stop looking outside yourself for permission from what you believe is an authority. Here is a hint. A corporation has no jurisdiction over you.
I don't think he was looking for a fight. Its an honest question. The way the "rules" are written, it seems that he would be correct. Thats why we always have a spotter. Mine will be right back, he just ran to the bathroom.

As for the goggles on an ap rig? Pretty pointless. Goggles for me are for an immersing feeling , for sport, as if I'm a bird and I have complete control and can fly accurately within inches of my surroundings. Mavic? Not so much. It takes nice pictures and has really smooth slow videos but it totally Flys like shatt and I don't trust it near anything up close enough to warrant goggles.

When I look at my galaxy s8+, it is very dim in the florida sun. Its nearly impossible to make out any detail. Goggles give you a brighter contrast and brightness that you can't get in the sun with an lcd screen. I prefer goggles.

Reactions: Pushkur
I tried them. I don't like the weight of them, the hdmi wireless receiver that you have to use and the amount of setup time to get the cellphone video cast to the goggles.

Reactions: davefabik
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian