DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will the dji fpv goggles work with the mavic air 2? If not what kind of goggles will work.

Not looking to start an argument here... Wouldn't using goggles be an immediate and constant violation of the whole line of sight thing since you are now looking only at a screen showing what the drone sees? Or are the goggles meant to be for someone other than the pilot?
Technically yes, but I think it's just going to be one of those things that never really gets enforced unless something bad happens as a result of negligence in that area. In other words, they really don't care right now, but they will once somebody ruins it for everyone...and it'll happen on a city by city basis. When I got my first drone, I went and talked to a police officer I knew pretty well and he sent me to their "drone guy", another police officer. I expected a big list of rules and regulations, but all he told me was to go by what the FAA website had to say and use common sense. That was it. I will admit,
I’m posting this so I can be notified when you make the reveal. Just bought a ma2 two weeks ago. Would love to try googles.
you seem like a very friendly person unlike some of these (Mod Removed Langage)have been dealing with so I'm just going to tell you. And you're going to laugh at how simple this really is and that some high School dropout from South Sioux City Nebraska is the one that figured it out. It's the Lenovo Mirage solo. Get into the developer options you enable the beta features and you'll come across a feature that is play 2D Android apps any Android apps that are 2D from the regular Play store and if you side load DJI fly you can play any game use any app and that includes DJI fly on a massive big screen. and some people are going to cry around oh it's not immersive blah blah blah yeah it is because you can make that screen the equivalent of what would be the size of a house. But yeah you get that sideloaded in and you connect your USB c port from the controller to the side of the headset and you're in business. Zero lag and it works flawlessly I mean it's amazing. So there's the big reveal just for you. RXlawdude can eat a (Mod Removed Inappropriate Remark)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: hhung516
So there's the big reveal just for you. RXlawdude can eat a( Mod Removed Inappropriate Remark )
For those fascinated with this suggesting, there's bad news:

UPDATE 10/16/19: Lenovo plans to continue selling its Daydream-powered headset, the Mirage Solo, even as Google is backing away from the Daydream OS platform. ... We will continue to offer the Mirage Solo to both consumer and commercial customers while supplies last," Lenovo told PCMag in an email.

The Mirage Solo is currently no longer made nor is it being sold or supported. You can find used ones on ebay with no support or warranty.

So, I'm not sure what the point of OPs discovery, since 99.9% of Mavic owners don't have a Mirage Solo sitting around nor could they readily obtain one.

These are objective and verifiable facts. No hostility intended.

Last edited:

UPDATE 10/16/19: Lenovo plans to continue selling its Daydream-powered headset, the Mirage Solo, even as Google is backing away from the Daydream OS platform. ... We will continue to offer the Mirage Solo to both consumer and commercial customers while supplies last," Lenovo told PCMag in an email.

The Mirage Solo is currently no longer made nor is it being sold or supported. You can find used ones on ebay with no support or warranty.

So, I'm not sure what the point of OPs discovery, since 99.9% of Mavic owners don't have a Mirage Solo sitting around nor could they readily obtain one.

These are objective and verifiable facts. No hostility intendem

These are objective and verifiable facts. No hostility intended.
Wasn't even OP that suggested Solo.

How do you interact with the DJI app on the Solo, since it runs the show rather than just being a display?

How do you interact with the DJI app on the Solo, since it runs the show rather than just being a display?
It is the Solo that you use. It has a pointer remote. It works great. Helps if you wear a hoodie with the front pocket. Just toss the Solo remote in there when you don't need to interact with the screen. Either that or you can just let the phone holder hold it. I haven't tried that yet. I will tomorrow. As far as how it works....The Solo is a 64 bit machine. So, it works perfectly with the latest app. It has a usb-c port on the headset that connects to the remote. It runs using a virtual screen in front of you. You can make that screen pretty much any size you want. No noticable lag. Works exactly like on a phone, because That's what it is...one big Android based phone. I'm willing to bet that you could even get this to work on an inexpensive Android Stick running off a portable power bank and output to a field monitor with HDMI input. That would be super fresh. I might try that and see how it goes. I have an Android Stick. Just not sure if it's 64 bit or not. (Mod Removed Remark )

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: hhung516

I think you missed some messages from the past three days.

My response was to a poster advocating the Solo. Sorry for any confusion.

Is DJI ever going to come out with V2 of their goggles?? With support for DJI Fly?

I wish someone "in the know" would answer this question. My MA2 is collecting dust waiting for a non-wired goggle solution. Can't see the ipad screen in bright Florida sun.
I suspect, "without" being in the know, your going to be waiting a long time.

Not looking to start an argument here... Wouldn't using goggles be an immediate and constant violation of the whole line of sight thing since you are now looking only at a screen showing what the drone sees? Or are the goggles meant to be for someone other than the pilot?
You are supposed to have an observer when you use goggles.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne