DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will the mavic air turn off while on air?

but the fact they removed it from Air proves it didn't happen as rarely as some may think
So why do you think they removed it from Mavic Air
DJI also removed it from the Phantom series back around then.
My best guess is that is was due to the number of scared inexperienced flyers that deluged them with complaints because they were scared, particularly by DJI's stupid top 10 video.
Actual reports of accidental CSC have always been exceptionally rare but complaints about the potential risk are very common.
in what situation do you think CSC could actually be of use vs. just manoeuvering out the dangers way?
Almost none.
The commonly suggested hypothetical scenarios are fanciful and not at all likely.
Drone headed for a crowd or a baby or a cute puppy !!
CSC to kill the drone.
No .. if you can't steer or climb away from the sensitive target, you won't be able to CSC.
Drone in the path of a helicopter/plane !!
No ... because of parallax, it's really difficult to tell if your drone is anywhere near the path of a plane or helicopter.
Seeing as this has been such a hot topic over the years, wouldn’t it be nice to have a definite answer from DJI? I’ve searched everywhere and have found conflicting things. I went through this with my Phantom - and now with the Mavic Air.
DJI are terrible when it comes to communications.
They won't come out with a definite answer or explanation.
You have to work things out for yourself with the help of the many experienced users.
DJI still don't warn users to avoid launching from steel or reinforced concrete surfaces anad that's one of the major causes of lost drones (but not even mentioned in their "top 10".
Their silly recommendation to recalibrate the compass is still in many manuals although they removed it from the P4 pro manual two years ago.
Their unnecessary recommendation to discharge batteries before travel is another source of a persistent myth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Point Zero
DJI also removed it from the Phantom series back around then.
My best guess is that is was due to the number of scared inexperienced flyers that deluged them with complaints because they were scared, particularly by DJI's stupid top 10 video.
Actual reports of accidental CSC have always been exceptionally rare but complaints about the potential risk are very common.

Almost none.
The commonly suggested hypothetical scenarios are fanciful and not at all likely.
Drone headed for a crowd or a baby or a cute puppy !!
CSC to kill the drone.
No .. if you can't steer or climb away from the sensitive target, you won't be able to CSC.
Drone in the path of a helicopter/plane !!
No ... because of parallax, it's really difficult to tell if your drone is anywhere near the path of a plane or helicopter.

DJI are terrible when it comes to communications.
They won't come out with a definite answer or explanation.
You have to work things out for yourself with the help of the many experienced users.
DJI still don't warn users to avoid launching from steel or reinforced concrete surfaces anad that's one of the major causes of lost drones (but not even mentioned in their "top 10".
Solid replies and from where i'm standing, pretty much spot on. It may be a legal requirement that they have this as a feature at all. You would always hope to regain control of your AC and therefore never really even try and use this feature as its pretty much a one way kill switch!

Solid replies and from where i'm standing, pretty much spot on. It may be a legal requirement that they have this as a feature at all. You would always hope to regain control of your AC and therefore never really even try and use this feature as its pretty much a one way kill switch!
I left out the time when CSC is useful and that is mostly on the ground (or in a tree etc).
When you have machinery with fast rotating blades, it's very good to have an emergency stop mechanism.
It's a shame DJI gave in and made it take 3 seconds to take effect.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lab916