DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will there be a Mavic 3 before x-mas

Vue D’Oiseau

Reactions
I was reading a review on line about the Evo II 6 K, which I’m interested maybe in replacing my Mavic2. They said that there will probably be a Mavic 3 to compete with the Evo. Anyone can confirm this, should I wait To purchase the Evo or not.

I was reading a review on line about the Evo II 6 K, which I’m interested maybe in replacing my Mavic2. They said that there will probably be a Mavic 3 to compete with the Evo. Anyone can confirm this, should I wait To purchase the Evo or not.

I don’t think that they will release anything between now and Christmas [emoji319]. But with DJI you just never know. Like a midget at a urinal. They keep you on your toes......

Hello, I was also thinking about the Mavic 3, but I watched some video on YouTube that it will be release in summer, so I bought the EVO 2 PRO yesterday with a coupon code off 35% , so I paid $1166.00. I was searching for this coupon again to post in here, but I couldn’t find it. I will search again and if I find it, I will post in here. Happy holidays to all !!

It's a safe bet that we'll see a Mavic 3 at some point. I don't think it's going to come out this year though. We've seen no leaks and no mention of an upcoming product release from DJI.

Reactions: Johnmcl7
Reactions: 72evenant
Reactions: Johnmcl7
Well there is a few leaks..but counting on that isn't a smart thing to do. Is this leaked photo a DJI Mavic Pro 3 prototype? - DroneDJ But not actual release date or anything ...correct :) I'm thinking first quarter of 2021 at earliest.

There's been no leaks, there's just been a constant source of made up information to drive traffic to the rumour sites who claimed the Mavic 3 was going to be released in January this year and have been wrong every time since. Actual leaks such as regulatory filings or genuine shots of the drone usually appear a few weeks before launch and we've not seen them.

What is that camera? That certainly isn't anything out right now. Perhaps DJI is testing the 3 camera on a 2?

Looks like a 1" sensor with a zoom, possibly?

There's been no leaks, there's just been a constant source of made up information to drive traffic to the rumour sites who claimed the Mavic 3 was going to be released in January this year and have been wrong every time since. Actual leaks such as regulatory filings or genuine shots of the drone usually appear a few weeks before launch and we've not seen them.
First I’d seen of the Mini 2 is when photos of them being stocked at Best Buy early were posted. Perhaps I just wasn’t paying attention though.

I would think that DJI is going to wait to find out about the new remote ID changes that are coming since that will require alot of new tech to make everything work. I know it's a little ways off but with a new administration who is not as freindly to big business as the current one is it may affect how this thing plays out. I think DJI should send a free drone to every member of Congress and try to get them as a hobbyist before they decide to screw us over. You can never tell with DJI but they may wait this one out a little longer

I would think that DJI is going to wait to find out about the new remote ID changes that are coming since that will require alot of new tech to make everything work. I know it's a little ways off but with a new administration who is not as freindly to big business as the current one is it may affect how this thing plays out. I think DJI should send a free drone to every member of Congress and try to get them as a hobbyist before they decide to screw us over. You can never tell with DJI but they may wait this one out a little longer
lol Last I checked DJI is on the gov "shaft" list, so I doubt that would help. Not that I believe for a second in the security myths.
DJI products would be 25% less if the tariffs were lifted, so I am not sure that DJI falls in to a "friendly" zone.
Just the facts as I see them, if facts are starting to matter again.

I also agree that DJI is waiting to see what shakes out for Remote ID.

lol Last I checked DJI is on the gov "shaft" list, so I doubt that would help. Not that I believe for a second in the security myths.
DJI products would be 25% less if the tariffs were lifted, so I am not sure that DJI falls in to a "friendly" zone.
Just the facts as I see them, if facts are starting to matter again.

I also agree that DJI is waiting to see what shakes out for Remote ID.

Spot on..... for what it’s worth.... I totally agree.....

I would think that DJI is going to wait to find out about the new remote ID changes that are coming since that will require alot of new tech to make everything work.
It would be great if "ADS B out" ever reached a cost allowing it to be included in a reasonably priced drone but as of now..the cheapest is around 1800. and that one uses the presently installed transponder. Who knows?..the "ADS B in" that is in the Mavic Air 2 is better than nothing,,,but a poor excuse for even the cheapest hand held versions in aircraft. Those show aircraft ID, direction of flight, altitude above or below and whether the aircraft is level, climbing or descending. In my opinion those are all things you need to know.
It would be nice to have a "Vue D'Oiseau" of whats happening at DJI ;)

Just to stir things up. We don’t typically see DJI offer significant discounts on a product unless a new version is about to drop. Look at the MA2 and Mini 2 BFS, very insignificant. Several DJI retailers here in Canada have the M2P and M2Z with 20%-25% discounts currently so it’s anyone’s guess at this point. As a comparison, I could now purchase the M2Z with smart controller and ND filter set for only a few dollars (less than $100) more than I paid for the M2Z with standard controller in July. Personally I don’t think we’ll see a release before the holidays, but Q1 2021 seems plausible.

**Edited**

Last edited:
It would be great if "ADS B out" ever reached a cost allowing it to be included in a reasonably priced drone but as of now..the cheapest is around 1800. and that one uses the presently installed transponder. Who knows?..the "ADS B in" that is in the Mavic Air 2 is better than nothing,,,but a poor excuse for even the cheapest hand held versions in aircraft. Those show aircraft ID, direction of flight, altitude above or below and whether the aircraft is level, climbing or descending. In my opinion those are all things you need to know.
It would be nice to have a "Vue D'Oiseau" of whats happening at DJI ;)
It would cost DJI about $10 to add a ADS B
They already have all the telemetry a micro processor to encode it all they need is a little RF section for those frequencies.
They don’t need any display or power supply because it’s already there.

Well it's 2021. It's been almost 2.5 years since the Mavic 2 was released.

They released 2 drones last year, mostly lower priced, mini drones, probably to broaden their market.

Maybe they're waiting to see if tariffs are lifted with the new govt. but chances are, there won't be any changes to tariffs this year.

So if DJI is going to release this year, they will have to find a way to deliver more value while asking American customers to pay more.

Obvious improvements would be first to the processor, to improve 4K output over the M2P. I think 4K60 video is now to be expected, without the limitations the M2P had compared to the Phantom's 4K30 video output.

HDR video would also motivate people to upgrade.

An updated Sony sensor may produce better photo and video quality but if you increase resolution at the same sensor size, you would lose low-light image quality, specifically more noise.

An optical zoom would also be a headline feature as well, rather than split it to two SKUs the Pro and the Zoom.

More reliable batteries obviously, can't have the battery swelling problem again.

All this without drastically increasing size and weight, since some of the sales DJI would hope for would come from people who have the Mini and the Air drones.

Do you think that they will be looking at the new EU classifications when they introduce new models? There is an interim period for 'legacy' drones (i.e. the ones we can buy today) to fly under the A2 category but in January 2023 that will fall away and we will need drones marked with a C2 marking to take advantage of the A2 class. Can't see people investing in legacy drones in a years time knowing they will have a short life of usage.

Seems that between RID and the EU changes there are a lot of new regulatory and legislative requirements that DJI will have to take into consideration.

Reactions: maelstrom
They may also be redesigning the Mavic so that it doesn't rely on any embargoed technology, assuming that it does now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SFC