DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

will UK and USA drones be IDENTICAL??

Andart

Reactions
Because of costs I do not believe the drones will be any different in USA and UK and it will be a software issue , as for the controller this maybe different .
So I'm assuming that if we can buy a controller from USA then it would allow UK Mavic Mini to have the extended connection .
Now I'm HOPPING that the controller's are the same and it's just the ID plate stuck to the bottom that differs and it's all the restrictions are in the software

Because of costs I do not believe the drones will be any different in USA and UK and it will be a software issue , as for the controller this maybe different .

This image avaible in the internet claims it is a firmware thing only:
424DA7C0-8A87-48A4-9570-48698FD981AB.jpeg

Reactions: SpinItUp
although they will appear identical it is whats inside that will be different in the way the controller communicates with the drone and it is quite likely that a US spec drone will not connect to a rest of the world controller ,and vise versa, someone will have to put that theory to the test at some point i guess,so untill then it is all conjecture

There are 2 different models. They have different transmit/receive frequencies, and different transmit/receive power. These differences are required by law for the different world locations.

Since the ac and controller are a matched pair, you cannot mix and match units from different regions.

As others have speculated, this difference may be only a software(firmware) issue, but it will be needed for both the controller and the bird.

you could be wrong if you think its right,and you could be right if you think its wrong

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos