DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Wiltshire is stunning in the spring

Chris Baish

Reactions
A frustrating shoot but got there in the end. I arrived by the big tree at the top of the hill and there was nobody there. Perfect, or so I thought. A solitary rain cloud (quite possibly the slowest moving cloud in the history of slow moving clouds) waited until I got everything set up, then opened up on me. Finally after 25 mins it cleared, so I got the drone out again. At which point the whole of the population of Wiltshire emerged out of the shadows for a picnic beneath the tree. Another 30 minute wait ensued, but eventually they wandered off and I had the tree to myself....

A frustrating shoot but got there in the end. I arrived by the big tree at the top of the hill and there was nobody there. Perfect, or so I thought. A solitary rain cloud (quite possibly the slowest moving cloud in the history of slow moving clouds) waited until I got everything set up, then opened up on me. Finally after 25 mins it cleared, so I got the drone out again. At which point the whole of the population of Wiltshire emerged out of the shadows for a picnic beneath the tree. Another 30 minute wait ensued, but eventually they wandered off and I had the tree to myself....
sometime we must be patient Chris ? But it was worth to wait. I enyojed very much the amazing colors, very well done and beautiful location, compliments ?? I also liked it that you flew backwards it looks way better than forwards because little by little you reveal the details of the landscape!
cheers Paul

Worth the wait Thumbswayup

Reactions: Chris Baish
Know the area well, used to go hangliding there

sometime we must be patient Chris ? But it was worth to wait. I enyojed very much the amazing colors, very well done and beautiful location, compliments ?? I also liked it that you flew backwards it looks way better than forwards because little by little you reveal the details of the landscape!
cheers Paul
Thank you! I'll be honest, I cheated with a couple of the backward shots. This includes the shot where I flew between the tree and the broken wall. I flew forwards then reversed the clip for the edit. That clip looks good forwards too, but more dramatic in reverse because you don't see it coming!

Thank you! I'll be honest, I cheated with a couple of the backward shots. This includes the shot where I flew between the tree and the broken wall. I flew forwards then reversed the clip for the edit. That clip looks good forwards too, but more dramatic in reverse because you don't see it coming!
Just goes to show it's all in the edit :) Thumbswayup

Reactions: JTZ
I'n glad you said that you reversed the footage because the first thing I thought of was I'd never do that flying backwards and down at the same time, 'just a small shake of the fingers and you could go into CSC with the result of it dropping out of the skyo_O

Nice video. I always have to get out the map to check out the location. Beautiful country that I've seen very little of. Thanks for the look!

Reactions: JTZ and Chris Baish
I'n glad you said that you reversed the footage because the first thing I thought of was I'd never do that flying backwards and down at the same time, 'just a small shake of the fingers and you could go into CSC with the result of it dropping out of the skyo_O
To be honest, the moment I saw that I thought to myself, "he is flying forward and then reversing the clip in post." In any case, it was a wonderful film, with beautiful scenery, colors, music, and editing.

Dale
Miami

Reactions: Chris Baish and JTZ
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omni_Aerial