DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wind check apps

I know the UAV app isn’t always accurate but where does it pull data from? There are days it seems spot on with ground level but then other days where it’s way off. Not sure if it’s my location in comparison to a weather station.

i use an app called WINDY , its the best one out of the bunch in my opinion :)

@Wipazz

I tried WINDY but it always shows the air speed as magenta, which is 40mph or so. The air here today is less than 5mph. I tried all the advanced settings and still magenta. Have you had this issue?

@Wipazz

I tried WINDY but it always shows the air speed as magenta, which is 40mph or so. The air here today is less than 5mph. I tried all the advanced settings and still magenta. Have you had this issue?
Nope mine works fine.. maybe try re-installing it?

Is there an app or website that will show the windspeed at various altitudes above the ground? For example..it says wind is 1.5mph on the ground but at 500ft the wind is 16mph?

Is there an app or website that will show the windspeed at various altitudes above the ground? For example..it says wind is 1.5mph on the ground but at 500ft the wind is 16mph?
UAV forecast does (even the free version), however it's not always accurate at ground level. It also seems to lag a bit time wise. I also have Ventusky which has the same accuracy.

UAV forecast does (even the free version), however it's not always accurate at ground level. It also seems to lag a bit time wise. I also have Ventusky which has the same accuracy.

That’s the one I use. Kittyhawk paid version does too.

Reactions: Sarcastic1

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15