DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wind streaks in video?

Panamaramas

Reactions
I took a bunch of video the other day when it was windy and was periodically getting frames with a bunch of blurred pixels sweeping off subjects and randomly through the air. You can especially see it coming off the sailboat on the right side. Any help or ideas is very much appreciated as this location is a two hour drive and I promised the customer some good footage. Thanks so much!.

1551362979498.png

Can you relate the settings you used not drone (including mode) and your camera settings? It may help getting an answer.

Thanks for your help Thomas. I'm shooting video with a Mavic Air, Auto ISO, 4K 30 fps, Mp4, Sunny white balance, D-Cinelike with a Custom Style of +0 -1 -1.

If you don’t want to set it up manual, and can repeat the same location and time of day a faster frame rate may help as winds aloft her is the best I can offer ...(drone movement) may have been a factor. I manually set ISO at 100 and work from there. I can’t rule out a partially dropped frame or bad SD card.

I took a bunch of video the other day when it was windy and was periodically getting frames with a bunch of blurred pixels sweeping off subjects and randomly through the air. You can especially see it coming off the sailboat on the right side. Any help or ideas is very much appreciated as this location is a two hour drive and I promised the customer some good footage.
Wind should have no effect on video quality.
It's very hard to tell what the issue is from a thumbnail sized-still.
Post a small video example.
The obvious potential issue to eliminate first is: Are you looking at the actual video from the SD card and not the preview-grade cached video?

Last edited:
Wind will, as has been stated, have no affect on video or still images. The only thing wind can do is move the drone/camera and move the objects being filmed. Wind will not be able to exert any affect or influence on the actual video being shot. Your problems are to do with something else in your process but nothing to do with wind.

I do see some pixelation in one area, but it looks like something is being pumped out of along tube supported by several boats and in lower right the boat appears to be almost aground and sturring up mud from the bottom. Just use 2 fingers to expand the shot in the thread.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colinhayesroberts