DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 Caton Moor Wind Farm, above Lancaster...

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
The final stop on our early March Yorkshire Dales / Lancashire trip, somewhere I had spotted as being a potential site for a flight to capture a windfarm with potentially spectacular views!

It is a bit off the beaten track, and the last part of the journey is along a fairly steep single track road, but so worth the effort - especially when the weather was playing ball!

Views over the snow capped peaks of the Yorkshire dales, round to the hills of Lancashire, then on into the Irish Sea and Morecambe bay, and then on to the snow capped mountains of the Lake District, bathed in a late afternoon sunshine with fluffy cumulus clouds and blue skies - perfect!

Add in the wind farm for focus and we have a winner, more so when I get to edit it on the new laptop, cutting render times massively - 3 minutes of 4K 60fps colour graded footage takes less than 20 mins to render now, compared with ovr 90 minutes on the older laptop - and with an upgraded broadband package tarting in the next 2 weeks it should also improve upload speeds, making the editing process much less of a chore!

The final stop on our early March Yorkshire Dales / Lancashire trip, somewhere I had spotted as being a potential site for a flight to capture a windfarm with potentially spectacular views!

It is a bit off the beaten track, and the last part of the journey is along a fairly steep single track road, but so worth the effort - especially when the weather was playing ball!

Views over the snow capped peaks of the Yorkshire dales, round to the hills of Lancashire, then on into the Irish Sea and Morecambe bay, and then on to the snow capped mountains of the Lake District, bathed in a late afternoon sunshine with fluffy cumulus clouds and blue skies - perfect!

Add in the wind farm for focus and we have a winner, more so when I get to edit it on the new laptop, cutting render times massively - 3 minutes of 4K 60fps colour graded footage takes less than 20 mins to render now, compared with ovr 90 minutes on the older laptop - and with an upgraded broadband package tarting in the next 2 weeks it should also improve upload speeds, making the editing process much less of a chore!

Lovely. What’s the new laptop? And, your ref to rendering, is that what is meant by running the footage through some software to “balance” the video side (that’s what it used to mean when I was in advertising and making commercials a million years ago) or is it transferring it ready for You Tube-or something else? Presume you do all that in DaVinci Resolve? I have just acquired a Mac Book Air 16”, loving it but don’t know half of what it does!

Reactions: AlbionDrones
Lovely. What’s the new laptop? And, your ref to rendering, is that what is meant by running the footage through some software to “balance” the video side (that’s what it used to mean when I was in advertising and making commercials a million years ago) or is it transferring it ready for You Tube-or something else? Presume you do all that in DaVinci Resolve? I have just acquired a Mac Book Air 16”, loving it but don’t know half of what it does!
Thanks...

Rendering is taking the raw footage and converting it to MP4 4K format for upload to YT and other platforms, and is the last step in the edting workflow...

I use DaVinci Resolve o select, edit and colour grade my clips, to also add titles and music / sound efects, and then when I have the video as I want it I render it using the Delivery option on Resolve. This then gives me a video file to upload and share..

Resolve is amazing, but it has a steep learning curve, lots of great YT video's on using it, and it is definitely worth the effort to learn - I am till a beginner when it comes to Resolve..

Another great video!

Reactions: AlbionDrones
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne