DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 1 Winter in Paradise

Reactions
I hope you like the play on words here. My wife and I had a short break for a special occasion and travelled to Surfers Paradise (hence the play on words) on the Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia. It's winter here, so sunrise occurs close to 6.30am meaning plenty of people up and about, the water is clean and clear with the temperature of the water warmer than the air temps. The area I flew is essentially the 'boundary' of Surfers Paradise and Narrowneck beaches. I thought it would be cool to fly inland over the waterways, but there must have been too much WiFi in the area because I started to lose connectivity. Some of the stills were taken on my iPhone from our balcony on the 24th floor looking toward the ocean.

I hope you enjoy this video - was a great morning.

I hope you like the play on words here. My wife and I had a short break for a special occasion and travelled to Surfers Paradise (hence the play on words) on the Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia. It's winter here, so sunrise occurs close to 6.30am meaning plenty of people up and about, the water is clean and clear with the temperature of the water warmer than the air temps. The area I flew is essentially the 'boundary' of Surfers Paradise and Narrowneck beaches. I thought it would be cool to fly inland over the waterways, but there must have been too much WiFi in the area because I started to lose connectivity. Some of the stills were taken on my iPhone from our balcony on the 24th floor looking toward the ocean.

I checked Google maps and found Paradise Beach, which is in a perfectly eastern exposure for a great sunrise. I was looking for that sunrise in your film but unfortunately, you did not shoot it. Aside from that, the video is well done. I especially liked the overhead , straight down surf shots. I did find a bit of repetition of scenes. I had no ideas about the amazingly developed shoreline with sky scrapers.

Dale
Miami

Hi Dale. As I mentioned, sunrise around 6.30am. After a battery change and second flight, the sun was only just beginning to climb above the horizon. It was closer to 6.45 when I landed with quite a lot of pedestrian traffic around and construction work behind me. I take your point expecting the sun to be higher in the sky. Not much of a surf happening but still some diehards to be seen in the water.

Hi Dale. As I mentioned, sunrise around 6.30am. After a battery change and second flight, the sun was only just beginning to climb above the horizon. It was closer to 6.45 when I landed with quite a lot of pedestrian traffic around and construction work behind me. I take your point expecting the sun to be higher in the sky. Not much of a surf happening but still some diehards to be seen in the water.
We live close to the Atlantic Ocean. I can get to my favorites sunrise spot with a 5 minute drive. Watch the first 47 seconds of this one.

We live close to the Atlantic Ocean. I can get to my favorites sunrise spot with a 5 minute drive. Watch the first 47 seconds of this one.

Nice! Surfers Paradise is just under a 2 hour drive away for me. It seems our population are early risers in comparison to you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13